Thursday, March 14, 2024

Baking With Love

Today I'm here  with a fun card using the Inside Out : No Good Advice stamp set from the March Release. It includes 5 snarky sentiment duos that just crack me up !! I chose to  use the baking combo because it brought back lots of sweet memories of being in the kitchen with my mom as a child .. We made hundreds of dozens of chocolate chip cookies over the years - she always called them "Toll House" . And if you knew my mom, you know that she never ever met a recipe that she actually followed word for word . She always added something extra or changed it just a little - she called it "doctoring it up".. I think she would have absolutely loved this card that I made .. 



And the fun part of this card is that I cut out an extra oven door and adhered it to the oven so it opens .. AND that is where I put the snarky "inside" saying !! Isn't that the cutest ?!?!?




  • I stamped the "outside" saying with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a piece of patterned paper with a cute kitchen scene.
  • I cut the oven door out of another piece of paper leaving some excess below the door.
  • The stamped panel was adhered to a kraft card base.
  • The "inside" sentiment was stamped with Teal Zeal Memento ink on a scrap piece of the same patterned paper and then trimmed.
  • I adhered that sentiment on the oven door on my card base
  • I folded the bottom  edge of the oven door paper and adhered it to the front of my card right over the original oven door .
  • I placed a piece of removable double-sided tape at the top of the oven door so it could be opened and closed .
  • Red rhinestones were placed along the pattern at the top of the card .

Thanks for stopping by to see my card !! It honors my mom who I lost 30 years ago . I might just make some Toll House cookies today . Have a great day !!

1 comment:

  1. Love the card & interactive oven door w/snarky saying! ❤️

    ReplyDelete