Once again, Celeste and I are here with our cards and coffee. Hard to believe that April is almost here and it is Spring already. I know that I am ready for spring temperatures and flowers and spending time on the deck with my morning coffee. Our inspiration for this month was a picture found by Celeste. We hope that you will be inspired too !!
I wanted a bright, cheerful, flowery card to get me in a springtime mood. I immediately thought of a digi stamp set from the Etsy shop - Polka Dot Orchard. I am one of the first members of their Design Team and look forward to showing you many of their fun stamps !! I used the digi set " It's Your Day ".
- I started off with a Molly & Rex watercolor card base. It had matching colors to the patterned paper that I used.
- The digi images of the cup, teapot and sentiment were printed out on a piece of patterned paper - American Crafts "Lucky Charm" Sunny Day paper . This paper is brightly colored floral on one side and a pretty pale pink on the other. Perfect for this card !!
- I fussy cut the cup and teapot and trimmed the sentiment to fit the card.
- I colored areas of the teapot with a pink Brea Reese marker .
- Pralines & Cream Fairy Dust Glitter by Clearsnap was placed on the top area of the cup with Tombow MONO Aqua Liquid Glue. I think it looks just like my tea after adding some cream and honey.
- I placed a strip of turquoise glitter washi along the bottom area of the card base.
- The teapot was positioned to look like it was pouring tea into the cup.
- I adhered the sentiment in the upper left corner. All paper elements were adhered with MONO Adhesive+ Permanent Runner.
I hope that you will take a look at all of the fun digi stamp sets over at Polka Dot Orchard. I had fun with this card and actually made 2 more. I can't wait to see what Celeste has come up with to celebrate Spring -- head over to her blog @ Crafting Junky and take a look. For my drink this month, I chose tea to go with my card. I am drinking a Matcha Green tea from a bright red floral Starbucks cup . With just a hint of cream and a bit of honey !! Brian just refinished a small wrought iron table and 2 chairs that were his parents and they are outside on our deck. I will be drinking my morning coffee and tea out there whenever I can !!
Thank you for visiting Meticulosity.