Celeste & I are back for our collaboration and our theme this month is summery / nautical. It's been crazy hot here in Virginia Beach lately and now that it is finally cooling off, it's been raining non-stop !! We don't have a guest this month ( taking a summer hiatus ) but will be inviting fellow bloggers to join us again in September.
I have posted every day this week as the Growing in Unity girl with Unity Stamp Company, so I have been on creative overload. My card this week uses stamps from a British magazine - Creative Stamping. I searched bookstores near me and finally ordered the magazine from a shop in Britain. I wasn't disappointed - these stamps are incredible. I also used my new Tim Holtz Stamping Platform to do the stamping for this card and really loved it .. This pirate caught my eye and I had to make today's card with it !!
- On a turquoise ombre' card base, I adhered the AHOY/anchor panel from the DCWV "Hey Sailor" stack, using a Tombow MONO adhesive runner.
- I stamped the pirate image and sentiment on Strathmore Watercolor paper and the porthole image on a piece of blue woodgrain paper from Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby. Memories India Black ink was used to stamp all images.
- The porthole was fussy-cut, including the opening in the center. I trimmed the pirate image to fit behind the porthole. The sentiment was cut with a square punch.
- The pirate was colored with Distress Markers & Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens. My Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen added some highlights to the pirate's beard and tattoo.
- I adhered the pirate behind the porthole with Tombow MONO Liquid Glue and then the that completed mage to the upper area of the AHOY panel.
- A strip of gold glitter washi was placed across the top of the sentiment, which was then popped up with foam dimensionals onto the left side of the porthole.
Sea View Collection by Sheena Douglass
My coffee today is being served in a small Starbucks cup that I found on clearance after the holidays last year. I've been making iced coffee and keeping it in my fridge lately. I'm drinking Iced Caramel Custard coffee with Sweet Cream creamer . I sometimes waste more coffee than I drink so this small cup is perfect for me !!
Please check out Celeste's card at Crafting Junky to see what she came up with this month. We hope you will sign up to follow our blogs. Have a great Sunday and Happy Stamping !!
Debra Davison / Meticulosity