The second June Challenge at the If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge Blog is all about a warm weather treat . But if you are an ice cream lover, I'm sure you enjoy it all year long !! The Inspiration photo made my mouth water. I'm excited to see what my teammates come up with.
I can remember walking hand in hand with my dad to the ice cream parlor in the small Pennsylvania town I grew up in. And I can still hear the music of the ice cream truck as it came up my street !! That is what inspired me to make this particular card.
- When I saw that scalloped background paper, it reminded me of popsicle sticks and I knew I had to use it for this Challenge. It is from an older DCWV paper pad "Sunday Afternoon".
- I cut a piece of turquoise cardstock to fit slightly larger than the 4.5 x 6.5 background paper and adhered it with Tombow MONO Adhesive+.
- I printed the digi stamp of the ice cream truck and the sentiment from the Things With Wheels set by Vera Lane Studio. They were printed on my favorite Neenah Stardust White cardstock.
- The truck was fussy cut and then colored with a combination of Brea Reese markers and Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens.
- I popped the ice cream truck up off the paper on the lower left side with Tombow foam tabs and adhered the sentiment and scalloped edge top center with Tombow MONO Adhesive+.
- The ice cream was colored pink then highlighted with glitter.
- 3 coordinating rhinestones were placed on the banner for some shimmer.
- I will be sending this through the mail as a postcard in a clear envelope.
The sponsor for this Challenge is Elizabeth Bell . They have a wide variety of fun stamps and will be providing a prize to 1 lucky person who links up a project for this Challenge. My teammate's projects can be found HERE. Please take a look and leave us a comment . Challenge # 97 will be open from June 28 - July 11. Link up your ice cream inspiration !!
Thank you for visiting Meticulosity !!