Thank you to everyone who commented on our first Crafty Elf posts !! Lisa and I are keeping ech other motivated and can't wait to show you February's cards. After some sort of glitch with comments ( I think it's a problem with Google + ), I've chosen a winner at random for a Crafty Elf stamp. Vannessa Osbourn was new to my blog and I'm so excited to have her and thrilled that she won . Can't wait to see what she does with the stamp - send me your snail mil address and I will get it in the mail !!
For my first card, I inked up a holiday set that I never got around to using for my 2018 cards. It was a quick card to color and I cut several extra images for more cards. I loved the vintage look of the background paper and couldn't wait to use it on a card !! I hope you like it ..
- On a Cranberry cardstock base, I adhered a piece of Vintage Xmas Tree paper from American Crafts All I Want For Christmas Is You paper pad .
- Using Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, I stamped the girl image and the sentiment from the Oh What Fun stamp set by Unity Stamp Company on Strathmore Mixed Media Paper .
- I fussy-cut the girl and colored her with a variety of my favorite markers - Faber-Castell, Brea Reese and Staedtler.
- I cut the sentiment, mounted it on a piece of dark green cardstock and adhered it to the top of the card base in the center.
- I had cut the tree paper so the image was to the left and mounted the girl on the right, using Foam Tabs.
- I adhered 3 green rhinestones on her coat as buttons.
- The pom-pom on the hat and the whipped cream on the cup were highlighted with some extra fine white glitter.
- Tombow Adhesives were used to adhere all elements ( MONO Adhesive+, MONO Aqua Liquid Glue and Foam Tabs ).
Now, for my next 12 cards - YES, I did say 12 - I gathered these supplies :
- My favorite holiday washi
- My favorite Sizzix On The Edge Scallops Die
- A variety of sequins, rhinestones and other doo-dads !!
- My MONO Adhesive+ Permanent Runner
- 12 cardstock bases - I used A2 sized.
- Scraps of holiday paper
- A 12x12 piece of American Crafts Christmas paper with 12 journal card designs on it. I cut the images apart and had 12 holiday designs to work with.
I added a cute Rubber Moon Tree Cup stamp to the snowman.
Washi and/or border scallops were added to all cards.
Green-striped Candy Dots were added to the Merry Christmas card.
All others had scallop borders or washi.
Sequins were placed on the tree and a washi frame was added.
I used a fun corner rounder on Season's Greetings.
Happy Holidays has washi, a scalloped border and dots added.
I've had friends tell me that they would love to make their Christmas cards throughout the year but just don't see how they can manage. These 12 cards I made take minimal time and you can add as little or as much stamping as you'd like or as time allows. I only added stamping to 1 card but they all will be stamped on the inside. I actually cut the paper into 12 cards and made 4 each week, along with other cards and Design Team projects. If I had just sat down to make all 12 cards at once, I probably could have finished them in 2 hours or less.
Lisa and I have really been enjoying our Countdown and hope that you are inspired to make some Christmas cards throughout the year too. I hope you will comment on my February cards and then head on over to Lisa's blog at Life of a BZscrapper to see what she has created.
Thank you for visiting Meticulosity !!
Please join Lisa and I next month as we continue our Countdown.