For our April collaboration, Celeste suggested we use a stencil. Of course, I have many stencils in my stash, so all I had to do was choose one !! It's been a very challenging month around here -- let's just leave it at that. And one way that I relax is to read a great book and escape into someone else's world. While I was reading this week, I decided that I needed a new bookmark . A bigger bookmark, And that is how this month's project was born.
I immediately thought of the stamp Nerd Bird from Rubber Moon and designed by Lori Sparkly Franklin. I chose a large tag from my stash - I think it is by Prima Marketing. And of course, it had to have some washi too !! The stencil is a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Holiday Knit.
- I started off by selecting the area I wanted to stencil and masking that area off with some painter's tape. I then used Brea Reese Gold Modeling Paste to stencil the design at the top of the tag.
- I immediately sprinkled some Tumbled Glass Distress Glitter over
- I had stamped the Nerd Bird image onto a piece of watercolor paper, a piece of yellow-patterned paper and also a piece of brown-patterned paper.
- The bird and nest images were cut out of the patterned paper and the complete image was cut out of the watercolor paper.
- I layered 4 strips of coordinating washi to the bottom area of the tag and 1 piece of washi at the top above the stenciling.
- The bird and nest were adhered to the watercolor image after I colored in the books with some favorite markers.
- I then adhered the entire image to the tag at the top of the 4 washi strips.
This tag is fun because it has space on the back for me to write down the books I have read. I have several other Book Nerd friends and we are always recommending books to each other. And nothing is more frustrating than not being able to remember the title of the fabulous book you just finished !!
My coffee this time is good old Folgers with Coconut Caramel Latte Creamer . I picked up this mug at Home Goods and it about sums up how I want to handle this month !! Head on over to Celeste's blog - Crafting Junky - to see what her stencil project is. We hope that you will leave us a comment and also sign up to follow our blogs.
Namast'ay in bed with my cat
Feline going back to bed
Thank you so much for visiting Meticulosity !!