Our first Challenge for November is baby-inspired. There are so many ways to interpret this Challenge - baby boy, big sister, yellow & blue, big brother . So check out the Design Team's projects over at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie and see what they have done with this cute inspiration photo !!
I decided to finally use some hoarded paper and came up with a Victorian-inspired card. I also used a variation of the yellow and blue color scheme by adding a touch of gold and several blues.
- On a black glossy chalkboard card base, I adhered a gold doily near the upper left side.
- I cut a piece of long hoarded Webster's Pages "Lullaby Lane" paper and adhered it to the bottom right of the card base, leaving just a touch of golden doily showing at the top left side.
- The sentiment is from a retired Stampin' Up set - Whimsical Words. It was stamped on Neenah Stardust White cardstock with Ranger Adirondack ink in Stream.
- I then paper-punched the sentiment with a Stampin' Up punch.
- A piece of turquoise velvet ribbon was placed across the top of the Lullaby Lane paper.
- I adhered the sentiment below the ribbon on the left side.
- The Lullaby Lane paper was placed in the bottom right corner of the card base.
- I used blue and gold rhinestones in the corners of the punched-out sentiment.
- The butterfly was punched from an undeveloped x-ray ( from my old ICU nursing days ) and stapled to the Lullaby Lane paper with a tiny silver staple.
- All elements were adhered using Tombow Adhesives.
A Day For Daisies is our sponsor for this Challenge. Link up a project of your own , using our fun Inspiration photo. You just might win some digi designs from our sponsor. Our challenges run for 2 weeks so be sure to link up before November 15. You can see the other Design Team's projects HERE.
Thank you for joining me again at Meticulosity.