Celeste and I are back for our blog collaboration and this month our guest is Maria Giselle. She is a friend of Celeste's and blogs at Maria Giselle's Creative Cuts. They met at a Copic Certification class a few years ago. Celeste chose our inspiration for this month and I'm excited to see what they both created !!
When I think of Spring, I think of sunshine and flowers and bright colors. I knew exactly what I wanted to use for my project - several digital designs from Vera Lane Studio. I've seen amazing projects made with these digis and was excited to try one for myself !! Vera Lane Studio has an amazing collection of digi stamps and collage sheets. You really should check them out !!
- I started by printing these - Circles and Stems collage sheet, Little Houses collage Sheet and Mayke's Markers digi girl - on my favorite Stardust White cardstock.
- The collage sheets are already colored so I just fussy-cut the elements I needed.
- I colored the girl with a variety of my favorite markers and then fussy-cut her out. Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens and Tim Holtz Distress Markers are my go-to markers !!
- Painted With Love paper from Stampin' Up was adhered to a bright pink cardstock base.
- Tombow MONO Aqua Liquid Glue was used to adhere all of the elements to the background paper, except for the girl,
- She was popped up using Tombow Foam Tabs.
- I dipped a pencil eraser into my turquoise ink and used that to color her eyes.
- A Wink of Stella Glitter Clear Brush Marker added some shimmer to her hair and lips. Dpn't you just love her heart-shaped mouth ??
- I printed " Spring At Last " from my computer onto cardstock, cut out the words and adhered them to the card to finish this project.
I hope you like my bright, sunshiney Spring card. You can check out Celeste's at Crafting Junky and our guest's at Maria Giselle's Creative Cuts. Leave us a comment and follow us if you don't already.
Today's coffee choice for me is Pecan Praline from Community Coffee. They have amazing coffee and the best flavors !! My cup is one I've had for years with a design of North Carolina lighthouses. We are very close to the NC border and my guy, Brian is from NC. I actually had been storing brushes and markers in the cup but decided to use it for coffee !!
Thank you for visiting Meticulosity. Celeste and I hope to see you again next month for our May collaboration. May is the 4th anniversary of my blog and I will be having giveaways each week so be sure to follow me to check that out.
Debra Davison / Meticulosity