I am thrilled to be back as a Growing in Unity Girl this week for Unity Stamp Company. It is my third year and there will be another person this week who is joining us as a first-time GIU girl. Welcome to Kim Gray - I can't wait to see all of your projects !! I will be posting a new project using Unity stamps on my blog Monday through Friday. Please comment each day for a chance to win a grab bag of 25 Unity stamps. There will be 2 lucky winners.
For my first project, I used an older Unity kit called Kitchen Logic. Everything about this set reminds me of my mom - the stove with the kitchen towel hanging on it, the lovely apron and the sentiments that are included.
" if you can't take the Heat, get out of the Kitchen "
- I started with a turquoise card base and adhered a pink doily in the center.
- I stamped the 3 images on patterned paper from the Echo Park "Happy Days" collection .This is a fun, retro paper pad. All stamping was done with Memories India black ink.
- The stove and apron were fussy-cut and adhered to the doily. I used foam dimensionals to pop up the apron.
- The sentiment was paper-punched out then stapled to a same-sized square of turquoise paper.
- 3 retro banners were adhered to the upper Left corner of the card base. A strip of pink glitter washi gave the card a pop of color .
- And don't you love that small cake stand that I found at TJ Maxx - how perfect is that !?!? I think that maybe I made that card to match the stand !!
I used turquoise on this card because my mom used to write recipes in her recipe book with a turquoise ink pen. To this day, when I see that color ink, I have great memories of my mom in the kitchen with me. She was an amazing cook and baker. Miss her every day.. This card is for you, Mom !!
I hope that you like my first GIU project. Be sure to leave a comment and at the end of the week, I will choose 2 winners at random to win 25 Unity stamps. Thank you so much for visiting Meticulosity.