As I sit here in Virginia Beach and write my first blog post of October, it is 90 degrees here !! Our inspiration photo is a beautiful photo of Autumn leaves & acorns and I am closing my eyes and wishing we had the temperature to match ..
I remembered a fun Autumn-patterned paper pad that I found recently at Tuesday Morning and chose a wonderful piece with leaves on a text background. Then I saw a beautiful plaid piece in the same pad and decided to combine them. You know how I love mixing patterns !!
- On a pale gray card base, I adhered papers from the Jen Hadfield "Warm & Cozy" paper pad. The plaid design was placed at the bottom and the leaf pattern at the top. I left a small margin around the edge of the card.
- The girl is a digi stamp from the Vera Lane Studio "Teacher" set. I printed it onto Neenah Stardust White cardstock , fussy-cut it and colored it with a variety of my favorite markers - Akashiya SAI Waterbrush Markers & Zebra Mildliners .
- I adhered the girl on the left side of the card and the sentiment on the upper right. The sentiment was also in the Warm & Cozy paper pad.
- Festive Berries Distress Glitter added some bling to the girl's lips.
- Several coordinating color rhinestones were placed on the plaid paper for some shimmer.
- All items were adhered with Art Glitter Glue .
This Challenge #127 runs through October 16 and we would love for you to link up a project inspired by our beautiful Autumn photo. And be sure to check out all of the creativity by my fellow Design Team members over at IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE . Thanks so much for visiting me again at Meticulosity .
Until next time, Stay Creative !!