Celeste and I are back for our April Coffee & Cards posts !! It is National Letter Writing Month so we decided to do a Snail Mail / Happy Mail post .. I send many letters and postcards every month to friends all over the world . But in April, I am in a group that assigns a penpal for the month, so I am sending even more snail mail than usual.. And this past year when we have all been spending much of our time at home and away from friends and loved ones, it's even more important to stay connected . It's always nice to see a letter from a friend in my mailbox. So, pick up a pen and some paper and write a note to someone.. You will make their brighter !!
I love all things snail mail - postage stamps, rubber stamps, paper, washi etc.. It was hard to choose a stamp set to use but I finally decided on Mr. Snailman from Trinity Stamps . The set includes a cute snail, sentiments and also stamps suitable for decorating your envelopes !!
Snail Mail - paper hug enclosed
- On a pink-pattered card base, I adhered a piece of envelope patterned paper from the sweet Lucky Charm paper pad from Dear Lizzy by American Crafts .
- I stamped the snailman image on a piece of Solar White cardstock and also on an April calendar panel from Graphic 45.
- Snail Mail was stamped with Ladybug Memento ink. The snail and sentiment were stamped with Gina K Jet Black Amalgam ink .
- I fussy-cut the snail shell from the Neenah cardstock.
- The images were colored with my COPICS.
- I created a border with a Martha Stewart border punch and a piece of vintage white ledger paper also from the Lucky Charm paper pad.
- A strip of thin pink confetti washi was placed down the vintage white border.
- I adhered the border down the left side of the card.
- I popped up the Neenah cardstock snail shell on top of the snail with a foam tab.
- The calendar panel was also popped up on the front of the card with foam tabs.