Saturday, May 25, 2024

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas / May 2024

It's hard to believe we are almost halfway through the year !! This month Lisa and I are being joined by our former Crafty Elf teammate, Michael Trent !! We are happy to have him back for May and can't wait to see what he's come up with ..



For my cards this month, I used 2 stamp sets by Julie Nutting for Prima Marketing Inc. - Merry Nice and Warm Wishes . These are older stamp sets from 2014 but can still be found on Etsy and eBay. 




  • I stamped the Warm Wishes Prima girl on  2  pieces of white cardstock and then stamped the holly leaf next to each girl , using Memento Tuxedo Black ink .
  • The girls and holly were colored with my COPICS.
  • Using Memento Lady Bug and Cottage Ivy inks ,I stamped the sentiments.
  • Naughty or Nice was stamped on a piece of white cardstock and then die-cut with a Pierced Chain Round Die.
  • Happy Winter was stamped on a piece of tan patterned paper and then die-cut with a Stitched Rectangle Die.
  • The scallop borders were die-cut from a Basic  Grey 25th and Pine paper pad that I have been hoarding since 2013. I used a Tim Holtz Alterations  Scallops  die from Sizzix .
  • I adhered a scalloped border to the top of each stamped panel . The die  makes 2 borders - 1 with holes punched across the border and 1 without .
  •  I adhered the sentiments to each panel with foam tabs.
  • Naughty or Nice was adhered to a Kraft card base and Happy Winter to a white card base.

I have many of these Prima girls and will be inking more of them up soon !! I hope they inspire you to get started on a few holiday cards .. For more creativity, take a look at Michael's and Lisa's cards at these links -




Thanks so much for stopping by . And a BIG thank-you to Michael for joining us, We will see you next month as we reach the halfway mark to Christmas 2024 !! 
Until then, stay creative ..


2 comments:

  1. Love the paper pieced dresses to match the top border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paper piecing and the great patterned paper you used on this card!

    ReplyDelete