Wednesday, September 16, 2020

September Cookies / Take 2

The inspiration photo for the latest If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge made me want to make a nice cup of tea and nibble on those gorgeous gem cookies !! And the jewel tones are absolutely beautiful !! We hope that you will also be inspired and join in on this Challenge with us - you have through Wednesday, Sept. 30 to link up a project of your own.


It took me a few days to figure out what I wanted to do for this Challenge but then I saw the mason jar stamp and envisioned it full of brightly-colored gemstones.. 




  • I stamped the mason jar and string tie onto a piece of pink ledger paper that I had cut to fit on the front of a dotted Kraft card base. The stamp set is by Recollections from Michaels and I recently purchased it on clearance for $1.47. 
  • The label was stamped on a cream piece of scrap paper. and then fussy-cut All were stamped with Gina K Amalgam Jet Black Ink .
  • I printed the Digi Gem images, which I had sized to fit in the jar, colored them with my Copics  and then fussy-cut them. They are from Scrapster by MHdesigns on Etsy . 
  • The gems were adhered inside the jar with Tombow MONO Aqua Liquid Adhesive.
  • I paper-punched the hole for the tag then adhered it to the string tie.
  • I placed 2 strips of washi tape down the left side of the stamped piece.
  • The entire stamped image was popped up on the Kraft card base with foam tabs.

The same week I was working on this card, my guy bought our cat, Pixie a new collar. I did not see it until the card was complete and it was so perfect that I had to include a picture !! Coincidence  ?? I think not !!


I hope you will take a look at all of the team member's projects over at the Challenge Blog . As we enter a Fall season that is still dealing with COVID, I hope that you all are staying safe and happy and creative !!

Until next time ......


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

2 comments: