Wednesday, November 27, 2019

November Cookies - Take 2

For the second Challenge this month at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie,  we are heading right into the holiday season with a wonderful photo of beautiful Christmas cookies. This will be a short post since we just ate our Thanksgiving dinner and I am ready to relax for a bit and enjoy watching ELF . I did procrastinate a bit about writing this post, but the thought of a movie and some pie when it is finished  is great incentive !!



I found a treasure trove of House Mouse stamps by Stampendous at Tuesday Morning recently and one was perfect for this Challenge !! This Gingerbread Man stamp is  no longer available but there are many more fun holiday stamps you can use.


  • On a white card base I adhered a piece of Gingerbread House patterned paper from the Mrs. Claus' Kitchen paper stack by DCWV.
  • Using Memento Espresso Truffle Ink, I stamped the House Mouse image onto Kraft paper.
  • I trimmed the image and then cut a bright blue mat to fit around it with just a small edge of blue showing .
  • I adhered the Kraft to the blue mat and then that mat to the center of the pink patterned paper.
  • I popped up a handmade Gingerbread Man button to the lower right side of the stamped image. I have had that button for about 30 years.  It was made by a local crafter and she sold them at a holiday Craft Show here each year. I have hoarded several but this one was perfect for this card !!
I hope that you will be inspired and link up a project of your own to this Challenge. You have through December 11 to play along with us. The other Design Team members are getting you ready for the holidays with their projects too - you can see them HERE .  Until next time, Stay Creative . I am grateful for each and every one of you !! Thank you for joining me once again at Meticulosity .

Debra Davison

3 comments:

  1. Hey Deb. Love your card. I love House Mouse and love how you added the little gingerbread man in the corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and adorable stamped image and it pairs perfectly with that fun patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this is really sweet (pun intended!). Love the cute paper and that darling House Mouse design.

    ReplyDelete