Wednesday, November 13, 2019

November Cookies - Take 1

It's time for Challenge # 130 over at the IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE Challenge Blog . I will admit that this one was a bit hard for me - theme wise.  When I looked at the Inspiration photo, I saw beer and babies !! I told a friend that if you drank too much beer, you could end up having a baby, but that didn't seem to translate into a card !! So after a few searches on Etsy, I found a sweet design from Lily of the Valley Digi Shop - Toy Rabbit. And I'm pretty proud of my card too !!



That Toy Rabbit digi was a perfect image for some paper-piecing .I used scraps for most of  the card.Totally did not go with a beer theme but I am sure some of my fellow teammates have come up with some fun designs..

Good Things Come in Small Packages
  • I started with a tan card base and adhered a piece of plaid paper to the front, leaving only a small border of tan showing.
  • The Toy Rabbit image was printed 3 times - on a light brown piece of card stock, on a cream piece of cardstock and also on a plain piece of white copy paper.
  • The rabbit was cut out of the light brown paper and the baby formula was cut from the white copy paper.
  • The rabbit and formula images were adhered to the cream  cardstock base image, which had been trimmed to fit on the plaid background.
  • I colored the images with a variety of my favorite markers - Faber-Castell, Tombow Dual Brush and Glitter Gel pens.
  • I adhered a Tim Holtz Idea-ology sentiment to the lower left side of the card.
I'm very interested to see what my fellow teammates came up with for this challenge. And I'd love for you to get inspired and link up a project before November 28.  Take a look at our latest Challenge post HERE .

Thank you for once again visiting Meticulosity..
Until next time, Stay Creative !!


Debra Davison 

1 comment:

  1. I love this Deb! That sweet little bear is beyond adorable and the patterned paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete