Monday, November 25, 2019

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - November

It's so hard for me to believe that November is almost over and Christmas is just around the corner !! I am ever so thankful now that Lisa - aka BZ Scrapper - and I have been making a Christmas card each week all year . Takes a bit of stress out of the holiday hustle and bustle .  So, let's see what these Crafty Elves have been up to this month !!



I had so many wonderful stamps to choose from - but finally narrowed it down  and came up with these designs . Some exceeded my expectations but one is still running around in my head .. Does that happen to you ?? You finish a card but just wonder if you are missing something !! But overall I do love them all and hope that you are inspired by them .

  • I stamped Winter Snow Globe Girl from 100 Proof Press onto watercolor paper and colored her with my Tombow Dual Brush Markers.
  • I trimmed the image and adhered it to a piece of dotted red patterned paper.
  • The entire background was then adhered to a pink card base.
  • A Crate Paper sentiment was placed diagonally at the upper left of the image.
  • Silver glitter glass was adhered around the snowman.

  • I stamped the Packaged Christmas Lights from 100 Proof Press onto watercolor paper and colored it with Glitter pens .
  • The image was trimmed and adhered to a piece of Tim Holtz Worn Wallpaper.
  • Several sequins were placed around the image.
  • A Tim Holtz holiday sticker was placed at the top of the wallpaper .
  • The Twinkling Lights banner from Crate Paper was popped up below the sticker.
  • I adhered the entire background to a pale green card base.

  • I stamped the Holiday Girl  and sentiment from My Favorite Things onto watercolor paper, colored the girl and cut her out with the matching die.
  • I also stamped onto patterned paper for her leggings and gift bag and paper-pieced these onto the image.
  • On a red card base, I placed a holiday doily at the top of the card, then adhered the girl and the sentiment.
  • A gold sequin was placed at the top left of the sentiment.

  • I stamped the Make It Happen, Girl from Unity Stamp Company onto watercolor paper and also a piece of holiday patterned paper.
  • The sweater wa cut out of the holiday paper and paper-pieced onto the watercolor image.
  • I colored the image with Tombow Dual Brush pens.
  • The image was adhered to  a woodgrain/snowflake patterned paper background.
  • The entire background was adhered to a cream  card base.
  • A frame was placed around the upper area of the girl at an angle and a sentiment banner was adhered to the bottom of the frame.

I'm so excited to see what Lisa has created this month !! You can find her cards at Life of a BZscrapper. Comment on this post of  mine and I will send 2 of you some Happy Holiday mail !! How are you coming with your holiday cards ??  I hope we have inspired you to get started early on yours ..

Until next time, Stay Creative... 
We will be back next month on Christmas Day for our card wrap-up..   

Debra Davison / Meticulosity

9 comments:

  1. Hi Debra. I love all your cards but I especially love the Unity card. I love how you used the frame and, also, how you embossed part of the frame only. Great job you Crafty Elf!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I really love the paper piecing you did on the Holiday Girl image! You must have a nice stash of holiday cards built up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all you fab cards, Debra!!! But you know I have this thing for Unity, too!! Love how you created with her!!
    So many pretty papers were used!! I LOVE paper!!
    Muah, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards. I like the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of these! So adorable!! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Can't believe it's done! I have been following MONTHLY! I have loved every post! Thank you both for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many cute cards! I love the snowglobe girl. What a pretty as well as fun image she is. Holiday Girl is cute, too, with her paper piecing and love the doily!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m a few days late to the party!! Love your cards again this month! Can’t believe it’s almost Christmas! Thanks for all the fabulous inspiration! You and Lisa have inspired me to get a jump on my Christmas cards this year and it’s such a relief! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to do this next year. Although I probably had enough cards in september for my own list if I actually kept them all! But I think 2020 I'm doing Christmas cards each month. Happy Holidays friend. <3

    ReplyDelete