Wednesday, October 2, 2019

October Cookies - Take 1

As I sit here in Virginia Beach and write my first blog post of October, it is 90 degrees here !! Our inspiration photo is a beautiful photo of Autumn leaves & acorns and I am closing my eyes and wishing we had the temperature to match ..  


I remembered a fun Autumn-patterned paper pad that I found recently at Tuesday Morning and chose a wonderful piece with leaves on a text background. Then I saw a beautiful plaid piece in the same pad and decided to combine them. You know how I love mixing patterns !!


Cabin Rules
  • On a pale gray card base, I adhered papers from the Jen Hadfield "Warm & Cozy" paper pad. The plaid design was placed at the bottom and the leaf pattern at the top. I left a small margin around the edge of the card.
  • The girl is a digi stamp from the Vera Lane Studio "Teacher" set. I printed it onto Neenah Stardust White cardstock , fussy-cut it and colored it with a variety of my favorite markers - Akashiya SAI Waterbrush Markers & Zebra Mildliners .
  • I adhered the girl on the left side of the card and the sentiment on the upper right. The sentiment was also in the Warm & Cozy paper pad.
  • Festive Berries Distress Glitter added some bling to the girl's lips.
  • Several coordinating color rhinestones were placed on the plaid paper for some shimmer.
  • All items were adhered with Art Glitter Glue .
This Challenge #127 runs through October 16 and we would love for you to link up a project inspired by our beautiful Autumn photo. And be sure to check out all of the creativity by my fellow Design Team members over at IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE .  Thanks so much for visiting me again at Meticulosity . 

Until next time, Stay Creative !!

 Debra Davison

4 comments:

  1. One of these days I will do one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabulous Tuesday Morning paper finds girl! Isn't that place just the best? The Vera Lane Studio image steals the show on this card though. She's too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card!

    I’m not too far away from VA Beach!

    ReplyDelete