Friday, October 25, 2019

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - October

When I decided last year to make a Christmas card each week to avoid the holiday rush,  I was hoping that it wouldn't fall by the wayside like New Year's resolutions.  But when Lisa  - of Life of a BZScrapper - decided to join me, I was pretty sure it would be a success !! And now here we are, 10 months later, almost finished with our year . Yes,  the Crafty Elves are still going strong and are excited to show you our October cards.



For my cards this month, I used several square dies from my collection. Two of the cards have no stamping on them . It's been easier than I thought to come up with new ideas each week, My first card is an expression of my love for snail mail !! 


  • I die cut a scalloped lace square from watercolor paper.
  • A Doodlebug Design Inc. cardstock sticker "Dear Santa"  set was used to create a scene in the die cut square.
  • A Merry Christmas sticker from my stash was placed at the top of the scalloped square.
  • Red candy dots were placed at each corner of the square.
  • The scalloped square was popped up with foam tabs onto a green card base.

  • I stamped, die-cut and then colored images from the Sizzix Dove Framelit Set .
  • Versafine Clair Nocturne ink was used for all stamping.
  • Using a Tim Holtz Stitched Square Die, I cut a square to fit on the front of my card.
  • The dove and HOPE images were adhered to the stitched square with my Tombow MONO Adhesive+.
  • The holly were adhered on either side of the HOPE sentiment with foam tabs.
  • This card was made for my friend Chrissy who just had surgery for breast cancer. 

  • I stamped the 3 images from the Christmas Set 1 by Anthony's Paper Craft onto die-cut squares. Two were Stitched Squares  die-cuts and one was plain.
  • The images were colored with a variety of my favorite markers. 
  • A bit of shimmer was added with my Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush and a Sakura Stardust Jelly Roll pen.
  • The squares were placed on cream card bases, popped up with foam tabs. 
  • These cards were made by me for the Make n Take at StampScrapArtTour in Hampton, VA this past weekend. I was at the Anthony's Paper Craft booth as a member of their Design Team.

beautiful memories from ordinary moments
  • On a cream card base, I adhered a snowglobe made with Pinkfresh Studio Snowglobe Elements .
  • A sentiment from Pinkfresh Studio's cardstock sticker collection was placed below the snowglobe. 
  • A strip of thin green washi was placed down the left side of the card. 

I know that Lisa has been busy with her cards . You can see her wonderful creations over  at her blog - Life of a BZScrapper . Have you started your holiday cards yet ?? Do you send many ? We are excited that we will be ahead of the holiday rush, at least as far as Christmas cards are concerned !! Comment on this post for a chance to get a bit of holiday snail mail from me . And come back next month for more cards from me and Lisa. 

Until next time, Stay Creative !!

Debra Davison / Meticulosity

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE the scallop square! Makes such perfect CAS cards! Great job Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are on a roll... 6 cards this time!! Love the simple but beautiful design to all of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards! It must feel good to have a nice stash of Christmas cards built up! I know I should have done some by now... but have not started on any yet. Love your cute snail mail themed card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow girl, you've been a busy crafter! You're definitely getting a nice jump start on the holidays. I love all of these fun cards Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards and a great many for Christmas! Can't believe how fast it's coming!! lol I love the snail mail card and the pretty dove card; cute design using the square dies. I make Christmas cards all year long so I'm good to go. Anything I make from here will be given to charity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of these! So beautiful! Yay us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with all of these cards. Love the simple layouts with basic background colors where the main images pop off the card front. They look like cards from Paper Source! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of your cards... so fun to piece together cards from paper and ephemera packs! Love your colored cards too!

    ReplyDelete