Monday, August 14, 2023

He Made It/She Made It - August 2023

Michael Trent and I became friends through our love of coffee and card-making. We are now on the Design Team of Technique Junkies together . Though 4,518 miles separate us - he is in Brazil and I am in Virginia - we love talking about the cards we are creating . It's interesting to see how we each interpret a stamped image in our own unique way - sometimes similar, sometimes very different. And that is how this idea was born - each month we will choose a stamp/stamp set from the latest Technique Junkies release and create with it . We will then show you what she made ( me, Debra ) and what he made ( Michael ).



This month we chose 
 Creative Background . This is a fabulous background that was really fun to create with . Let's see what I made and then I will post a link to Michael's blog so you can see what he made !!



  • I first inked the Painted Background stamp with Memento Dew Drop inks -  Dandelion, Bamboo Leaves, Summer Sky and Angel Pink . I then stamped it on a piece of white cardstock.
  • The Creative Background stamp was then stamped over the colorful background with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink .
  • The stamped background was adhered to a turquoise card base .
  • I colored a few areas of the stamped image with my COPICS.
  • A piece of scrap patterned paper was placed across the stamped image, a few inches from the bottom.
  • Two pale green rhinestones were adhered on the left side of the patterned strip.
  • CREATE was then positioned next to the rhinestones, using glittery turquoise letters .

Each month, Michael and I will choose a new release Technique Junkies stamp and put our creative spin on it !! Check out what Michael has created for August at his blog -World of Michael Trent . I'm very excited to be starting this collaboration with Michael  /Technique Junkies . What do you think of our new "partnership" ?  I can't wait to see what we choose for next month !! 

You can find all the August Release stamps HERE . 
Creative Background is just 1 of 12 new designs to choose from .. 
We will be back in September.. Until then, Happy Stamping !!!





Debra Davison / Meticulosity



1 comment:

  1. OMG...you told people we are friends? Publicly? LOL. Love love love what you made with the Creative Background stamp and I am so happy to be starting this new and fun collab with you. Oh, Happy Birthday, again.

    ReplyDelete