Sunday, August 30, 2020

Coffee & Cards with Deb & Celeste / August 2020

 Celeste and I are back with our August blog posts and I am dreaming of cool Autumn weather..  Pumpkin Spice Lattes, sweaters, a cool breeze, sitting outside on the deck in the evening .. We have had many days with temps close to 100 degrees and I am so looking forward to a chill in the sir..  And just for that reason, our inspiration photo is all about Autumn..


I wanted to use this fun Pumpkin Spice Kitty stamp from Impression Obsession for my card .. It was designed by my friend Nola Chandler.  You can all of her wonderful stamps HERE .



  • I cut a piece of Paper Studio Sunflower paper from Hobby Lobby to fit my A2 Chalkboard Yellow card base - leaving a small margin around each side.
  • The Pumpkin Spice Kitty image was stamped on Strathmore Watercolor paper and then fussy-cut.
  • I also stamped the kitty onto a piece of patterned yellow paper and fussy-cut the head.
  • The watercolor image was colored with Copic Markers.
  • I adhered the patterned kitty head over the watercolor paper image .
  • The patterned sunflower paper was adhered to the card base and then the Pumpkin Spice Kitty was popped up with foam tabs to the front of the card.
  • I adhered an Idea-ology Small Talk sentiment to a piece of dark orange cardstock and then  placed that in the lower right corner of the card.
I had so much fun with this image that I made several cards for friends !! And I absolutely LOVE that sunflower paper ! 





I'm sure that Celeste over at Crafting Junky has come up with a great design to welcome Autumn. Are you looking forward to cooler weather ?? We are all still wearing masks here in Virginia ( well, almost everyone ), so cooler weather will be so much more comfortable !! Who knows how much longer we will be social-distancing .. I am really missing my time hanging out at the coffeeshop and the bookstore..  I am enjoying some Maple Pecan coffee in a new Owl mug from Hobby Lobby.. I got it for $1 last year after the holidays !! Isn't it just perfect for this post ?!?! And I just had to include the ever-present hand sanitizer !!


Thank you so much for visiting Meticulosity once again !! I hope that you all are taking care of yourselves and staying healthy .. Stay creative until next time ........


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

3 comments:

  1. Yes to sweater weather!
    Cute card and mug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, this collection of kitty cards is amazing! Love that patterned paper and the fun, quirky coloring you did on them. And a $1 for that mug? Yes please! How could you not snag it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cute kitty! Nice set of cards with the pretty sunflower paper!

    ReplyDelete