Thursday, August 13, 2020

Lavinia Guest Designer - Challenge #33

I'm thrilled to be back as the Guest Designer for the latest Lavinia World Challenge #33. As always, the hardest part of these challenges for me is choosing which stamps to use.. The stamp I chose for today is Fleur . She reminds me of Russian Folk Art and my heritage on my father's side.  There is a new Lavinia World   "Anything Goes" Challenge every 2 weeks and we would love for you to link up a project .  You can use any clear or rubber stamp ( no digis ) - it does not have to be a Lavinia stamp  if linked on the blog - and you could win a $15 gift code for Lavinia World . You can also post a project for the Anything Goes  challenge in the Anything Lavinia Facebook group - these projects must include either a Lavinia stamp or paper.

This Fleur stamp immediately caught my eye.. She didn't need lots of bling or sparkle . Just some bright colors and I absolutely fell in love with her.. 

  • I stamped the Fleur image twice on Strathmore 400 Series Marker paper and trimmed it to fit my card.
  • I fussy-cut one of the flowers from the stamped images.
  • Both the image and extra flower were colored with my Copic markers.
  • I cut a piece of Prima patterned paper and adhered it to a navy blue card base.
  • The colored image was adhered at an angle on top of the patterned paper.
  • A chipboard sentiment was placed in the lower right corner of the stamped panel.
  • The extra flower was adhered with a foam tab for a bit of dimension.
  • Several green and turquoise rhinestones were placed for a bit of shimmer. 

Take a look at the Challenge Blog Page to see the projects of the Design Team members. I'm sure that they are all fantastic as always !! You have until Monday, August 24 to link up a creation of your own. The challenges are bi-weekly and begin every other Thursday. I have had a wonderful time as a Guest Designer for Lavinia World.  Everyone has been very welcoming and supportive and I can't thank them enough !!



Debra Davison / Meticulosity

6 comments:

  1. Debra, this is such a lovely card! I love the pop of colors on Fleur. She looks vintage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image! And I love how you used it on your card! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra your card is gorgeous! I love the way you colored Fleur! She really is beautiful and I am surprised she hasn't caught my eye before! But she sure has now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fleur looks fabulous and I agree with you that she doesn't need a lot of bling. I love her colorful outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I can totally see the Russian Folk Art you mentioned. It's absolutely lovely. Love how you added the extra flower petal for dimension. Beautifully done. So glad to have you as guest designer on our team!

    ReplyDelete