Wednesday, August 5, 2020

August Cookies / Take 1

Well here I go with the new Blogger !! If you ever end up reading this post, it will really be something of  a miracle.. The latest If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge is a beautiful photo of white/off-white flowers . I really do love the card I made and hope that you do too ..


I got this Close To My Heart stamp /die set  Love Your Story  last year and immediately saw it in my mind when I first looked at the latest Challenge picture. It is just so dainty and was really fun to create with .. 


  • I stamped the image on Strathmore Marker paper with Gina K Obsidian Amalgam ink  and used the die to cut it out.
  • I cut a piece of vintage-patterned paper to fit a black card base and stamped the sentiment at the bottom, also in Obsidian ink.
  • The image was colored with my Copic markers.
  • After I adhered the patterned paper to the card base, I popped up the die-cut image with Foam Tabs.
One observation about the new Blogger is the ability to size your photos.  In the older version, you had to choose a size. I found that the large often wasn't large enough but extra-large went over into the images along the right side.  Now you can use a plus or minus sign that allows you to increase or decrease the size in a much more user-friendly manner.

This Challenge runs through August 19 so please link up a project of your own . Think flowers or doilies or pearls or baskets .. I'd love to see what you create !! Take a look at my team member's projects HERE .. Thank you again for visiting Meticulosity .. I hope that you are all staying safe and healthy ..


Debra Davison / Meticulosity




1 comment: