Sunday, August 25, 2019

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - August

Lisa - aka BZ Scrapper - and I have been making a Christmas card each week since January. Sometimes we have even made more !! We post each month on the 25th and it's time for our August  cards. After a brutal month of crazy hot weather, today it is in the 70's, so I was a little bit more in the holiday spirit !! Hard to believe that there are only 4 months until Christmas . Have you started on your holiday cards ?? We hope you will follow along with us as the Crafty Elves count down to Christmas !!



  • For my first card, I used a beautiful stamp from Stampendous - Snowy Postcard .  I stamped the image on watercolor paper with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink . I used my MISTI so I could stamp a few times and get a nice, crisp image.
  • I cut the image to fit on a wood grain card base, leaving a small border around the edge. 
  • The image was colored in a few areas with glitter markers and Faber-Castell PITT Artist  Pens.
  • I adhered the image to the card base with my Pink Scotch ATG Gun.
  • The rooftops were dusted with Sugar Shimmer Fairy-Dust Glitter .


  • Next I have a card using the Spellbinders Merry & Bright Stamp and Die Set . I again stamped the image on watercolor paper using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink. 
  • The image was cut out with the matching die. 
  • I colored the image with Sharpies and glitter markers.
  • I cut a piece of snowman patterned paper from the CraftSmith Say Freeze collection. 
  • A piece of holiday twine was wrapped around the patterned paper and tied on the front.
  • After adhering the patterned paper to a bright green card base, I popped up the Merry & Bright  die cut with foam dimensionals.


  • I bought the Pink Fresh Simple Joy stamps and dies because the cat reminded me of our Pixie !! I stamped the images on watercolor paper with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink then die cut them. 
  • The images were colored with Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens. It's hard to see but Santa is wearing a cool pair of red framed glasses !!
  • I adhered a piece of green gingham paper to a bright red card base. 
  • A red scalloped border was added to the top of the green gingham and a piece of black wood-grain washi was placed across the bottom.
  • The Santa and cat images were adhered to the card base with my ATG Gun  and the sentiment was popped up with foam dimensionals.


  • My last card was also shared on the If You Give a Crafter a Cookie Challenge blog this week. The cookie  theme included llamas so I created a holiday card with a Fa La La La Llama !! 
  • I cut a piece of Recollections Holiday Bash paper to fit my green card base.
  • The Inkadinkado FaLaLa Llama was stamped in Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink on Neenah Stardust White cardstock, then trimmed to fit on the lower right side of the card.
  • A gold doily was folded over the top left edge of the card to create a corner element.
  • Several pastel candy dots were placed around the llama.
  • I used a border paper punch to make the JOY design, then cut it to place it at the top of the card across the doily.
  • 2 large Teal candy dots were placed on the left side of the JOY design.


Lisa's cards can be found at her blog - Life of a BZ Scrapper . I'm sure her cards are fabulous as always !! We are thrilled that you are joining us as we continue to create our cards and get ahead of the holiday rush !! Have you started yours yet ??  It's never to late to start . We will be back again next month with more Crafty Elf creativity.

Debra Davison / Meticulosity

8 comments:

  1. Love all of these! SO beautiful!! I'm so proud of us and thankful you "made me do it"...lol! Thanks Debra for hanging out with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I love the scene in the first one! Great Santas too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet cards! The Stampendous scene is beautiful! And I love that Santa's helper looks just like Pixie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards and I really like the snowy postcard scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Deb! I own that vintage postage one and it's one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards!!! I love your first card... I have that stamp and love it! You’ve inspired me to look for it (still have stamps in some boxes 😔) and get it inky!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your cards but that one with the cat wrapping a gift is just hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK...I love all these cards but....the vintage postcard card is my fav...or maybe the card with Santa and his crossed leg looking at the list? Can't decided but love them all!

    ReplyDelete