Sunday, August 25, 2019

Coffee & Cards With Deb & Celeste / August

I'm excited that Celeste is back for our our latest post of Coffee & Cards !! This time I chose a Sketch Challenge because I am not very good with them and wanted to think outside the box and out of my comfort zone.  I chose a fairly simple one  but still struggled with ideas. Then I spotted a piece of hoarded paper and my idea took off from there !! 


  • A piece of double-sided Basic Grey Oxford Study Hall paper was trimmed to fit a pink card base. I cut 2 pieces the exact same size and then cut each of the papers on a diagonal . I cut them so I could have the two patterns of the double-sided paper on the front of the card - the books at the top and the floral at the bottom of this card and the reverse on the next one I make.
  • I printed the image with the books and the sentiment from the Teacher no.2 stamp set by Vera Lane Studio  on Neenah Stardust White cardstock.
  • I fussy-cut the woman and trimmed the sentiment .
  • The images were colored with glitter markers and Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens.
  • I adhered the woman to the right side of the card and the sentiment on the upper left. 
  • Glossy Accents were added to the lenses of the glasses.



Celeste is much better at Sketch Challenges than I am, so I'm excited to see what she came u with !! You can find her post at  Crafting Junky . Brian made my coffee today in our French Press - standard Folger's coffee with a bit of sugar and some Half & Half. It was actually very good !!


Thanks so much for stopping by and seeing what Celeste and I are up to this for our August post We hope that you come back next month to see what we create for September !! It will be Pumpkin Spice Season by then !! Are you a fan ?!?!?! 


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debra!!!
    Adore your paper choices!
    GirL you can CoLoR!
    The sentiment is SO apropos!
    Love the digi stamps too ��

    ReplyDelete