Wednesday, September 4, 2019

September Cookies-Take 1

We are having a celebration over at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie for the 5th birthday of this Challenge Blog !! I was tempted by the always gorgeous cookie inspiration photos and have been a member of the Design Team since January 2018 !! Our Challenge runs from Sept. 5 through the 18th  - link up any project you would like  that is inspired by our birthday inspiration photo below . One lucky person will win a gift card for some amazing digi stamps . I will also be giving away some blog candy to 1 lucky commenter on this post. In honor of our 5th anniversary - I will be sending someone 5 of my favorite craft supplies  - can you guess what those are ?!?!?! 


For this challenge, I immediately thought of a beautiful stamp set from Close To My Heart - It's Your Day to Sparkle . It was a Stamp of the Month this year and I had to have it !! It was perfect to help me celebrate 5 years of Cookie Challenges !!


  • I stamped the cake design with Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink onto a  white watercolor panel and also stamped the roses from the cake onto  scraps of dark pink and green papers.
  • The roses and leaves were fussy-cut from the paper scraps to paper-piece onto the cake.
  • Above the cake I also stamped the word SPARKLE and the doodle line.
  • The cake stand was colored with a variety of my favorite markers : Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens and Akashiya SAI Waterbrush markers.
  • I adhered a piece of silver candy dot sparkle ribbon from Webster's Pages to the top of the watercolor panel ( this ribbon has long been hoarded in my craft room !!! ) .
  • The roses and leaves were adhered to the cake with Art Glitter Glue .
  • Wink of Stella - Clear was used to add sparkle to every other layer of the cake .
  • A glittery turquoise 5 was placed at the top of the cake.
  • The watercolor panel was adhered to a dark blue card base.


I hope that you will leave me a comment here - you just might receive a bit of blog candy from  me !!  Then take a peek at the other Design Team projects over at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie . Please celebrate with us by linking up  a project before September 19.  Get inspired by our latest Happy Birthday cookie photo !!


Thanks again for visiting Meticulosity !!

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely and the sparkle is just as yummy as the cake. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to eat cookies. So pretty. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cake is so pretty...and now I want cookies AND cake! As for your favorite craft supplies, I'm guessing that one of them might be rhinestones, or Wink of Stella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek! Those cookies are such a cute inspiration and I love your take on the theme. That sparkle ribbon along the top is such a beautiful addition to your card too.
    I wonder if your favorite supplies are glitter glue, and Faber Castell pens?

    ReplyDelete