Wednesday, June 12, 2019

June Cookies - Take 1

I loved the picture for this Challenge because I really did have the BEST Dad ever !! He was my hero, my best friend, my reading buddy. He always made me feel better no matter what and I miss him every day.  I was only lucky enough to have him for 17 years but I cherish every memory of us together. And every year for Father's Day, I make a card that I know he would love. I hope that you love it too !! 


My dad and I were inseparable. He loved to read and passed his love of books on to me. We walked to the library several times a week . I can remember that long before I could actually read,  I would sit with him and hold my book, turning the pages when he did. To this day, I still sometimes find myself wishing I could tell him about a fantastic book that I've just read.  I wonder what he would think of my 2 e-readers . Probably would not be a fan !! My card today celebrates my love for my father and our shared love of books.  I used the perfect digi-stamp sets from Vera Lane Studio :  Father Daughter and Book Lover. 


This Challenge will be live for 2 weeks so link up a project by June 27. Show the fathers in your life how much they mean to you with a fun project !! And don't forget to take a look at all of my teammate's creativity over at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie . 

Until next time, Stay Creative.

Debra Davison / Meticulosity

2 comments:

  1. How awesome to have such wonderful memories of you and your dad and your love for books! I am not a fan of e-readers either! I prefer paper! I love your creation and how you colored your images. I love the looks on their faces, too. Your books in the background were the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete