Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - June

Well, here we are at the halfway mark of our year long project to create a Christmas card each week throughout 2019.  Lisa Reynolds Bzibziak  - aka BZscrapper - and I are blogging each month on the 25th . This is the first month that I actually made all 4 cards on the same day - today !! I had 1 image already stamped and colored, but the rest were all completed in about 2 hours. Creative time has really gotten away from me lately but I am going to make it a point to make 1 card each week . Promise !!


For my cards this time, I went back to my love of wood-mounted stamps for 3 out of the 4 cards. But I had these Rubber Moon ornaments stamped and colored, so they became my first card . 

  • On a piece of watercolor paper, I stamped the Shiny Brite ornaments in Versafine CLAIR Nocturne Ink and trimmed the paper to fit a bright blue card base.
  • A piece of Signature Rubber Moon washi tape was placed at the top of the stamped image after I drew ornament hangers with a silver gel pen. 
  • The ornaments were colored with my favorite collection of Faber-Castells, ZIG markers and Tombow Dual Brush Pens.
  • The sentiment was stamped on the lower left with Staz On Emerald City ink .
  • Several red sequins were scattered  around the stamped image. 

  • I stamped the Stampendous Fireside Joy image on watercolor paper with Nocturne ink.
  • The image was trimmed and fit perfectly on my bright red card base.
  • I colored the image with my favorite markers and added some glittery highlights to the berries with a gel pen.

  • This is one of my favorite wood-mounted stamps ! It is an older stamp by Inkadinkado. I stamped the image 3 times on watercolor paper with Staz-On inks - Spiced Chai, St. Valentine and Emerald City.
  • I trimmed the image, leaving only a small unstamped margin.
  • I cut the ornament and figgy pudding squares from the Spiced Chai image and mounted them on the Emerald City base on their matching images.
  • The angel image was cut from the St. Valentine image and also mounted on the Emerald City base . I popped them up with foam squares. 
  • A piece of Red/Green holiday twine  was wrapped around the upper area of the stamped image and tied in a knot on the front.
  • The entire stamped image was adhered to a dark brown card base . 

  • This Penny Black Sweet Thing stamp is just the cutest and this card was inspired by my friend Liz McGuire in Scotland. She makes the most beautiful cards with Penny Black stamps. 
  • I stamped the image on watercolor paper with Clair Nocturne ink
  • The image was colored with my favorite markers and glittery highlights  were added to the cupcake and hair bow.
  • A piece of plaid washi was placed down the left side of a lime green card base .
  •  Christmas Magic stickers from PaperHouse were placed at the top of the card. 
Don't forget to take a look at Lisa's cards over at Life of a BZ Scrapper . She and I have been having fun keeping each other in the holiday spirit, even though this month I was frantically starting all of my cards today !! Are you being inspired to start your holiday cards ?? Next month I'll be celebrating Christmas in July with a giveaway to help you get some cards ready for your holiday Happy Mail. 

Until next time, Stay Creative.


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

4 comments:

  1. These are all so fun! I love the unique color combos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute cards, Debra! I love that they are all different... the second one is my favorite! I have a similar Stampendous stamp... I love how quickly they can make a card!! The dimension in your third card is wonderful! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card artworks! Great images, thanks for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards for your stash! I really love the fireside scene!

    ReplyDelete