Wednesday, June 26, 2019

June Cookies - Take 2

Our inspiration at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie for Challenge #120 is about all things fruity.  When I saw this picture, I immediately thought of a great big glass of iced tea for some reason !! Probably because of my  fun new digi stamp set  from Polka Dot Orchard . I often have Pineapple or Strawberry Iced Tea at Starbucks  and they are delicious !!



The digi stamp set that I used for my card is called Endless Potential and it's only one of many fabulous sets  from Polka Dot Orchard.  And it seemed like the stars were aligned for me to use this set after I saw what my guy brought back from his latest trip to Wal-Mart. A large Sun Tea Pitcher !!


When Life Give You Lemons, Make Iced Tea

  • I printed the fruity background, the iced tea cup and the sentiment on Neenah Stardust White cardstock.
  • I cut the fruity background to fit on an A2 card and adhered it with my Scotch Pink ATG gun.
  • The cup and background were colored with my favorite assortment of markers and colored pencils. I also used a fun Citrus Marker Set from Tombow for the first time !! How perfect ..
  • I cut the sentiment, mounted it onto a piece of lime green cardstock and adhered it at a diagonal on the upper left side of the card with foam squares.
  • The iced tea glass was also adhered with foam squares.
  • Golden rhinestones were placed in the center of all of the large flowers on the background.


I'm sure our Design Team has come up with some fun projects for this Challenge. Take a look at them here. We would also love for you to link up something before July 11.  Be inspired by the entire picture, the fruits, or the colors and start creating !! 

Enjoy your summer with a big glass of  Creativi - TEA !!


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

3 comments: