Saturday, February 25, 2023

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas / February 2023

Hard to believe that it is the end of February. The Crafty Elves are getting started on their holiday cards for 2023 and bringing you inspiration each month to create some of your own.  I have been a fan of Art Impressions for years, especially their Windows to the World series. This month, I used the Christmas Drive Window stamp and created 2 cards - one with a traditional color scheme and one non-traditional. 



For both of my cards I used the beautiful Noel paper pad by Craft Consortium. This pad has such beautiful papers that I just wanted to hoard it but I finally broke down and decided to use it this month.  This pad has 40 double-sided sheets of heavyweight cardstock.





  • I stamped the image onto a piece of mixed-media paper and a piece of watercolor paper and trimmed around the design.
  • The images were colored with COPIC markers.
  • Fine glitter was used for snow on the red truck image.
  • Holographic glitter was used for snow on the turquoise truck image .
  • The completed red truck image was matted on a piece of gold glitter paper and then adhered to a piece of floral patterned paper with foam tabs. It was then placed on a green card base.
  • The completed turquoise truck image was matted on a piece of silver glitter paper and then adhered to a piece of holiday patterned paper. It was then placed on a turquoise card base . 

Do you like traditional colors for your holiday cards ?? Or do you create with non-traditional colors ?? I guess I am a fan of both, depending  on which stamp I am using . Let's take a look at what the other Crafty Elves have created for February,

Michael Trent - World of Michael Trent

Misty Lavigne - Jolly Fat Elf

Lisa Reynolds-Bzibziak - Life of a BZ Scrapper


Thanks so much for stopping by .. We will be here every month to share our holiday ideas with you and get you ready to create some of your own. 



Debra Davison / Meticulosity


4 comments:

  1. Awesome card Debra! Love the colors of both trucks and the papers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a couple of the Windows to the World designs also.... they are great stamps! Love the pretty cards you created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add my name before I hit 'publish'!

      Delete