Saturday, September 25, 2021

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas / September 2021

It's time for the September edition of Crafty Elves And today it is finally cooler here. I actually put a sweater on this morning to run to the store !! Of course, this afternoon it is fairly warm again but I am not complaining .. Are you enjoying some cooler temps where you are ??? Pretty soon I will be turning on the Christmas music while I make my cards . Do you do that  ?? Have you been working on your holiday cards along with us ??



My first card just started as a quick idea when I spotted the stamp on my shelf one day. The Flight of Fancy stamp by Printworks Collection is an older wood-mounted staamp that I have had for years . The snowman reminded me of the letter "O" and I came up with the idea to use letters to form a holiday word.



  • I stamped the snowman with Gina K Jet Black Amalgam Ink onto a piece of scrap paper that had that cute border already at the top. I had already lined up the letters so I could be sure they fit on the panel. 
  • Cosmo Cricket "Jolly by Golly" adhesive chipboard letters were placed on the panel to spell out the word "NOEL".  I placed 2 peppermint dots at the end, mainly because I had leftover space ..
  • The snowman was colored with Flair pens.
  • I placed a strip of thin green checked washi above the snowman image .
  • A piece of snowy glitter washi was adhered across the bottom of the stamped panel and then a piece of red scalloped washi was placed along the bottom of the word "NOEL".

For my other cards, I used the cutest set from Close To My Heart - Winter Penguins .These images are so easy to fussy-cut and color.  My plan was to make 1 card with this set but I ended up making 4 !!


  • I again used Gina K Jet Black Amalgam Ink for my remaining cards . The Sweater Penguin was fussy-cut and then colored with my Copics. 
  • The sentiment was stamped near the top of a piece of snowflake patterned paper from the Craft Smith "Gingerbread Cottage" paper pad.
  • The penguin was adhered below the sentiment with foam tabs.
  • I adhered a piece of blue glitter paper onto a white card base at an angle.
  • The completed penguin panel was adhered on top of the glitter paper.


  • I folded a piece of snowflake patterned paper from the Craft Smith "Shimmer Noel" paper pad to make a mini slimline card. It already had the Merry and Bright wording and the snowflakes on it. I used a 6x6 paper pad and it creates  a perfect 6x3 mini slimline when folded. 
  • The sentiment was stamped near the top of the card base. I colored the letters with a Flair pen
  • The Skating Penguin was fussy-cut and colored and then adhered above the sentiment with foam tabs.
  • I placed a strip of the red scalloped washi above the sentiment.
  • I love slimline cards but tend to be intimidated by a full size slimline. The minis are just the right size for my creative mind. 


  • I fussy-cut and colored the Penguin  with Present and adhered it to the right side of a piece of silver striped glitter paper from the Shimmer Noel paper pad.  The penguin was popped up with  foam tabs . The paper was cut to fit on a mini slimline card base.
  • The sentiment was stamped on a tag from the Gingerbread Cottage pad and colored with Flair pens.
  • I adhered the sentiment on the left side of the silver glitter panel.
  • The completed panel was adhered to a green mini-slimline card base.


  • I got carried away with these penguins and even made a 5th card . And I think this last one is my favorite !! I fussy-cut and colored the Penguin with Glasses.
  • I adhered the penguin at the top of a snowflake -patterned panel with foam tabs after stamping the sentiment onto the panel.
  • At the bottom of the panel, I adhered a wide strip of glitter washi that is patterned to look like a snowy forest scene. This washi is absolutely beautiful and I cannot for the life of me remember where I got it !!
  • Above the glitter washi, I adhered several white, silver and blue sequins 
  • The completed panel was adhered to a white mini slimline card base.
I hope you like the cards I have created this month. We are getting down to the last few months before the holidays !! Please take a look at what Michael and Lisa have created . I'm sure they are amazing as usual !!

Lisa Reynolds-Bzibziak - Life of a BZScrapper
Michael Trent - World of Michael Trent

Until next time, please stay safe and healthy . 
And always Stay Crafty !!



7 comments:

  1. I love that penguin! Great cards!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snowman card and all the cute penguins!
    I fell off the Christmas card making wagon the last couple of months.... got sidetracked, but getting back to it this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. Love the snowman, very creative. And love all the penguins too. Great designs. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a mini slimline -- thanks for the tip! These cards are so amazing!! I can't pick a favorite because they are all wonderful. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just L*O*V*E the idea of using the snowman as an 'O' - so genius of you! And I love that card best - even though I adore all those darling penguins, too. As well as slimline cards. They're fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute penguin cards and I love that snowman! You always find such unique stamps!! Beautifully done Debra!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards, Debra! Your first card is so creative! Love it! And all those penguin cards are just TOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete