Friday, June 25, 2021

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas / June 2021

Can you believe that it is June already ?!?! We are halfway through the year  - and what a year it's been  I hope that all of you have been safe and healthy . As Michael, Lisa and I show you our holiday cards for June, we also have a guest again to show you hers !! Have you been working on your cards along with us ?? I know I'll be so happy when December rolls around and my cards are ready to be signed and sent.  I have been addressing envelopes each month too, which is also a big help when the season rolls around ..


My first card is made with a Lil' inker Designs stamp set. This company is no longer in business, but I just had to ink this stamp set up for this  post !!  I know I have had it for a few years so it was about time to get creative with it ...



  • I stamped the image with Gina K Jet Black Amalgam ink on Mixed Media paper and also on a piece of pastel shaded paper .
  • I fussy-cut the bird and the banner from the shaded paper.
  • The Mixed Media stamped image was colored with my COPIC markers. 
  • The shaded bird's body and banner were adhered on top of the stamped panel image.
  • The panel was trimmed and then adhered to a piece of red glitter cardstock.
  • The red glitter panel was then adhered to a piece of red/black plaid patterned paper.
  • The completed panel was adhered to a cream card base.

This next card uses one of my favorite Angie girl images by Unity Stamp Company - Pure and Simple . It was inspired by the latest sketch challenge over at the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Group on Facebook . My friend, Crystal Minkler is an Admin of that group and she is also our special guest this month . Her group has a new Sketch Challenge each month and encourages us to get an early start on our holiday cards .







  • The Pure and Simple image was stamped on watercolor paper, punched out with a 2.5 inch circle punch and then colored with my  COPICS.
  • I placed a strip of my favorite Tim Holtz Noel washi tape  across a piece of plaid patterned paper - just a bit above the center of the paper. This paper already had that splatter pattern that is so cool !!!
  • On a black card base, I adhered the plaid paper..
  • I adhered the stamped image to the right side over the washi tape.
  • A sentiment cut from a paper pad was popped up to the left of the stamped circle.

I absolutely love this Santa's List stamp set from Essentials by Ellen . I purchased it at a recent sale that they had and was excited to use it for one of my cards !The finished product was nothing like what I had imagined creating, but I'm overall happy with the card ..



  • I stamped the Santa, tree, and sled with bag on Mixed Media paper with Gina K Jet Black Amalgam Ink . I cut the paper to fit an A2 card and created a scene with the stamped elements .
  • The tree was also stamped on a piece of green patterned paper and fussy-cut .
  • The bag was also stamped on Kraft and fussy-cut .
  • The list was stamped on a scrap of Mixed Media paper and fussy-cut.
  • Tim Holtz Christmas/Noel washi was placed at the bottom of the stamped panel and also under the tree and Santa. 
  • The stars were stamped with Memento Dew Drop Dandelion and the sentiment with Memento Dew Drop LadyBug.
  • I fussy-cut the list and popped it up with foam tabs near Santa's hand.
  • The glittery red border at the top was creates with a Martha Stewart punch.
  • I placed a strip of Tim Holtz washi across the top of the border .
  • The completed stamped panel was adhered to  a piece of the same paper that I had used to fussy-cut the tree.
  • A cream card base was used for this card.

My final card was made with an older stamp/die set from Erin Lee Creative . It is.  n longer available but they have many more fabulous products to choose from .


  • The Vintage Postcard panel was cut from a piece of 12x12 paper in a CraftSmith Classic Vintage Paper Pad. 
  • I adhered the postcard panel to a tan card base.
  • The girl and snowman were stamped in Gina K Amalgam Jet Black ink  on Mixed Media paper and then die-cut.
  • I colored the images with my COPICS.
  • The images were adhered to the postcard panel - the girl was popped up with foam tabs.
  • A Tim Holtz sentiment completed the card .
We are lucky to have the very talented Crystal Minkler joining us this month. Her cards are always fabulous and I have no doubt that this one will be just as amazing. You can check out her card and also Michael and Lisa's at their links below :

Crystal Minkler - Tawny Owl Paperie
Michael Trent - World of Michael Trent
Lisa Bzibziak Reynolds - Life of a BZScrapper

As always , we hope that we have inspired you to begin your holiday cards and decrease some of the stress that the season can hold. There are 5 months left so you still have time to join in on the fun and get yours started !! We will be back next month for our Christmas in July posts and we just might have an extra special guest elf . Until then, please take care, stay happy and healthy and also stay creative !!



Debra Davison 
Meticulosity.blogspot


10 comments:

  1. I have that Lil Inkers set and L*O*V*E the way you colored it so colorfully! Much more fun than coloring the bird in a more traditional color. I love the last card with the postcard paper. That's always a fun look for me. tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards to add to your stash! I love the way you colored the image for your first card! That stamp really appealed to me since I have pet birds, but I missed out on getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All amazing cards but I especially love that Unity girl card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a variety of cards, and all of them are fabulous. I have to say that I'm glad you inked up that little bird image because I think it's my favorite of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards, Debra! That little bird stamp is adorable! Such a shame the Lil'inker Designs isn't in business anymore. I'm so happy that you played with sketch 12 from {BYSHC}!! I love your Pure and Simple card... she's a fave! I think your last card is my absolute fave though... too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops... I meant sketch 11! Sketch 12 starts tomorrow for July... so it's on my brain! lol

      Delete
  6. Oooh..look at all of those. A mix of pretty and cute! Wonderful cards ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh...love your cards this month. I always try to pick my fav but this month I am having issues. I love the girl with the snowman alot...but then I also love the sketch card...oh..I just love them all again! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are ALL beautiful with a touch of cuteness!! love them!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete