Thursday, March 25, 2021

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas / March 2021

March is here and it's feeling like Spring but that doesn't mean you can't be getting ready for the holidays !! Michael, Lisa and I are back with our cards as the Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas As always, I'm excited to see what they make because it always inspires me. I hope that we all inspire you too !!


I've been working full-time during this past year of COVID and creativity is my bliss.. I enjoy looking through all of my holiday stamps and choosing  what I'll be using for my cards. This is the first month that I wasn't sure if I've used a stamp before or not.. I guess I should have kept a list !! Maybe that will be a project for the coming week..

 

  • This Paula Best "Cat Christmas Tree" stamp is a favorite. I'm not sure if I've used it before  in these posts!! Her stamps are no longer available except on Etsy or eBay etc.. I feel lucky that I have quite a few of them.
  • It was stamped on Strathmore Watercolor paper with Gina K Jet Black Amalgam Ink and colored with my COPICS. 



  •  

    • I made a mini-slimline card with a piece of fun tree paper. I took a 6x6 piece and folded it in half. I am challenged filling all the space of a traditional slimline card so this mini size is perfect !!
    • I used a hexagon paper punch and punched out 7, using coordinating Christmas design paper. I adhered them to the left side of the mini-slimline  in a wreath pattern - using the landscape positioning. 
    • The snowman is from the Snowman Trio 2 set from Anthony's Paper Craft . It was stamped with Gina K Jet Black Amalgam Ink next to the hexagon
    • I cut apart a Tim Holtz Idea-ology sentiment and adhered it next to the snowman on the right side of the card. 
    • Red and green rhinestones were placed above and below the sentiment. 




    • This stamp was designed by mu friend, Lindsay Ostrom ! She is a Hallmark movie lover and I absolutely love this stamp - Hallmark Season from Impression Obsession.
    • It was also stamped with Gina K ink on watercolor paper and colored with my COPICS.
    • I used some strips of washi above and below the stamped image. 
    • A Tim Holtz Idea-ology sticker sentiment was placed beneath the stamped image. 
    • Th cute border - stamped and die cut - at the top of the card is from Close To My Heart.



    • This Starry Forest Die Cut Set caught my eye as soon as I saw it !! I was lucky that it was during a Spellbinders sale . I never pay more than $10 for an item during these sales and sometimes find very detailed die sets for $5 or less. 
    • I cut the images out of different colored cardstock and also from a gold metallic paper. 
    • I used several scrap papers to create a background scene and adhered them to a Kraft card base.
    • The images from cardstock were adhered to the  metallic images, leaving a small golden edge showing .
    • The images were adhered to the card base. I used the example on the Spellbinders packaging .. 
    • A Paper House Productions Merry and Bright 3D sticker was placed on the upper left of the finished panel. 
    These were fun cards to make and are a nice addition to my holiday stash !!  Take a look over at Michael's and Lisa's blogs to see what they have created for March. In the upcoming months we will have some Guest Elves joining us and are so excited to see what they create !!


    Comment on this post and I will choose someone at random and send them some fun holiday supplies to make a few holiday cards of their own !! Until next time, stay creative and above all,  STAY SAFE !!


    Debra Davison / Meticulosity

    12 comments:

    1. Your cat tree is sooooo adorable! HA! Great job on all of them!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I 2nd Meghan ... the kitty tree is so adorable and really fun. The Hallmark card is my fave - I spy coffee!! hehe

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wonderful cards. My favorite is the one with the hexagon wreath.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Great cards Debra! I think I have that forrest die set! I need to dig it out and use it!! Thanks for the inspiration and thanks again for the prize I won last month for commenting! I always look forward to the monthly crafty elves posts!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Great cards. I love them all but my favs are the forest scene...too cute...and the cats...

      ReplyDelete
    6. Such great cards, Debra! I adore the Hallmark card... of course, the coffee cup speaks to me! lol

      ReplyDelete
    7. Love all of these fabulous cards Deb but the decorated cat tree and the Hallmark Movie Season cards are my absolute faves!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Love the cat tree! Paula Best's cat designs are awesome! Great job on your Countdown to Christmas cards. I was keeping up pretty well up til now, but I took this month off!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Oooh, I just ordered that Starry Forest die set too and am thrilled to see how you used it. I admit that I got it mostly for the rabbits, but wasn't quite sure how I would make the elements stand out from the background. Love your layered technique.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Wow, I love all your cards and yay for you on keeping up with your card making. I only managed one Christmas card this month, and am getting a slow start. My favorite is your adorable slimline tree and snowman design.

      ReplyDelete
    11. These are all SO fun! Love that cat tree...lol! Adorable!

      ReplyDelete