Sunday, March 28, 2021

A Creative Bibliophile - March 2021

I read the most interesting book this month for my post . I actually read it on my phone using the Libby app which makes it so easy for me to have something to read at all times, wherever I have my phone .. It allows you to check books out of your library directly to your phone which is so convenient for bookworms like me !!



For my bookmark this month, I used the cutest digital stamp set from The Cat's Pajamas PaperArts - Bliss . I printed the image and sentiment on Neenah cardstock, fussy-cut the rabbit design and trimmed around the sentiment.  The sentiment was matted on a pale pink paper and adhered to a piece of floral designer paper above the fussy cut rabbit image.  I adhered that panel to a piece of Toned Grey Mixed Media paper. On the back of the bookmark is a piece of dotted green paper  where you can write a book list or book review etc. I also added some Glossy Accents to the eyeglass lenses.


Bliss : a good book, good coffee, great company

I'm actually only reviewing one book this month - Twenty-One Truths About Love by Matthew Dicks. I've started several but this is the only one I've completely finished .It's hard when I find so many that I like at one time, but that beats the alternative, which is not liking many that I have been excited to read !! And once I saw the cover, I was really drawn to this book ..


I also was intrigued even before I opened it because I had read that it was entirely written in lists. I am a bit of an OCD person and love lists. But I wasn't sure how much I would enjoy a whole book of lists - sounded rather boring to me but I was very wrong .. And pleasantly surprised !!

In this book, Daniel Mayrock owns a struggling bookstore, worries that his wife might still love her dead first husband and has issues with his father. It drew me in from the first page and I even laughed out loud many times. I really liked the character of Daniel and felt bad that he was struggling with so  much. He even makes some pretty stupid decisions and I still liked him !! The lists are written chronologically, telling a story over time. 
 
Some of his lists are -
  • Proof that I am stupid
  • Dan's Laws of the Universe
  • Facts about my marriage
  • 5 Problems with Lying
  • Days Without  ( Gum, Crying, Flossing ,  Little Debbie Snack Cakes etc.. )
For a novel written entirely in lists, I think the author really did a great job developing the characters. I felt like I knew them. I wanted things to work out for them. They got to me. It was an easy read and I'm interested to read his other books . I highly recommend this book . I hope that you will let me know if you have read this one and if so, what you thought about it. Do you think that a book of lists would be interesting to read ??

Leave me a comment on this post and I will choose 1 person randomly and send them the bookmark that I made this month. Are there any books that you would like to recommend to me to read and review ?? I'm always excited to add more books to my TBR list..

Until next time, Read a Book & Stay Creative !!


Debra Davison / Meticulosity
 

6 comments:

  1. Nice work! I have the set and like how you fussy cut the rabbit. Now I want to check out the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling bookmark! I love that bunny! I just finished Sarah's Key! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book sounds so unique and intriguing!
    Love your stamps! Keep reading, keep stamping and keep on blogging!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this adorably sweet bookmark! And your book of lists sounds fun. Such a random array of topics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable bookmark. I need to make some for the books I read on my iPad. LOL Sounds like one more book for my list but my list is too long at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this cute bunny bookmark. I haven't been reading anything good lately.

    ReplyDelete