Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - September

I don't know about you but I am so very glad that Fall is finally here !! We are still having some temperatures here in the high 80's but there are also cooler days that are amazing .. It's hard to believe that it is September already and there are only 3 more months until Christmas . Lisa and I have been making a Christmas card each week and not missed one yet !! I'm so glad that she is keeping me focused . Have you started on your holiday cards yet ?? 


All of my cards this month are from Flora & Fauna . I fell in love with all of these holiday sets ( and a few more ) and decided to go SIMPLE. And if you know me well, you  know that I like to add things to my cards - washi, glitter, ephemera etc...  This time I stamped and colored . I will admit that it was hard but I was successful and even happy with the final results ! 

  • For each of my cards, I used a pale blue card base.
  • I cut  pieces  of Strathmore Watercolor Cold Press paper  to fit the stamped scenes I was going to make.
  • I stamped the images onto each piece of watercolor paper using a combination of Versafine CLAIR Nocturne ink, Distress ink,, Memento Dew Drops and Archival ink. I will list each stamp set I used under  each photo . 
  • The stamped pieces were popped up on the upper half of the card with 3L Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares.







Brian used Metallic Red Sharpie for the berries.
I told him I would give him credit !!



I used Rose Gold Delicata Ink for the stars.




These stamp sets are so much fun and so easy to create with !! I know that I will be making a few more of these cards for mystash. I even stamped a few extra squares to color at a later date.  My cards are clean and simple this time around. I'm sure that Lisa has created some not-so-simple cards once again - her creations are always intricately detailed AND fabulous !! Take a look over at her blog - Life of a BZScrapper .Let us know what you think of our Crafty Elf Creations !! And be sure to join us again next month as we get even closer to Christmas 2019 !!

10 comments:

  1. Oooh!!! Absolutely love these!! Crisp and clean and a little caffeine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok....where do I start? love the clean and simple look. love the simplicity and the colors of these super simple cards. these look like cards I would pick up in an independent card store or at a holiday market. love love love them. and I am sure that my lack of capital letters is driving you nuts....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these clean and simple designs! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super FUN Christmas cards! I especially love the tweet bird, he's so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet cards!! Love the clean and simple designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable cards! Love the sweet Floral and Fauna images!
    I started yesterday on some die cutting for a couple of gift card holders and some holiday cards. Got a new set of dies I am pleased with and that inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such sweet CAS designs. Love them all; well, the birdie
    might have to be my fave. I am a birdie addict after all. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty with these CAS designs on the pale blue card base.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, these cards are amazing! I love how beautifully clean and simple these cards are. I struggle with that so I admire people who can make them look so good!

    ReplyDelete