Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Vera Lane Studio - Take 3

For my third week as Guest Designer with Vera Lane Studio , I'm thrilled to be using a new holiday set - Mr. and Mrs. Claus. I wanted to make something to display on the table in my front hall and decided to alter a word block that I was lucky enough to find for 60% off. I loved the pick-up truck on top and could imagine Mr. and Mrs. Claus driving along a snowy road, bringing their tree home in it. After all, the elves can't do everything !!













  • I traced the outline of the word block and cut a piece of snowflake paper and a piece of white glitter paper to create the base for my scene.
  • I adhered the snowflake paper to the top of the block and then cut the glitter paper to look like a hillside and adhered that at the bottom.
  • Any rough edges were sanded down with my sanding block.
  • In addition to the  Mr. and Mrs. Claus set, I also used the Christmas set for the star and the It's Good To Be Home set for the trees and house. 
  • I printed the elements on Neenah Stardust White cardstock, fussy-cut the images and then colored them with my favorite Akashiya SAI brush markers, Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens , Brea Reese markers and Sharpies.
  • All images were adhered with Tombow MONO Aqua Liquid Glue.
  • A variety of candy dots and rhinestones were placed on the trees  for a festive look.
  • Clear Glitter Wink of Stella was placed on the star and also Mr. Claus's mustache.
  • Picket Fence Distress Stickles were placed on the lenses.
  • I placed a strip of glitter washi across the top and bottom of the sentiment.
  • To finish, I placed a strip of Tim Holtz Holiday Word  washi tape along the right and left side and the bottom of the block .





This project was such fun to make !! I can't wait to decorate my table for Christmas and display it. I will at least wait until Turkey Day is over .  These Mr. and Mrs. Claus images would also be really cute for holiday cards . Take a look at all of the great stamp sets and collage sheets in the Vera Lane Studio Etsy Shop. Maybe you should think about buying yourself some early Christmas presents !! Digi-stamps are cost-effective and don't take up any room in your house !!! I'm excited to see what the Vera Lane Studio Creative Team does with Mr. and Mrs. Claus.


Thank you for once again for visiting Meticulosity . I am grateful for everyone who follows my blog and/or Instagram pages. Also those of you who I know from Facebook. It's wonderful being able to share my creativity and love of paper-crafts with all of you !! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I will see you back here soon !!



Debra Davison / Meticulosity

No comments:

Post a Comment