Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Vera Lane Studio - Take 2

Choosing my second project as Vera Lane Studio's November Guest Designer was a no-brainer. I have been wanting to play with these images for awhile . I just never had a clue that I was going to alter the set like I did !! I used the Succulents Set, which contains 10 images and 2 sentiments. But when you see my card, you will see just how much fun I had with these images.





  • On a Kraft card base, I adhered a piece of patterned paper from the Collage Art Paper Stack by Die Cuts With A View. This stack has beautiful papers that look like mixed-media backgrounds and I am absolutely in love with them !!
  • I printed the images from the Succulents set and the sentiment and cup handles from the Coffee Cup Collection set onto Neenah Stardust White cardstock.
  • I have always thought that the pots that the succulents were in would make fabulous coffee cups. So, I cut the succulents off ( saving them for a later project, of course) . I then matched up some handles from the Coffee Cup set and cut those out too. You could also draw the handles and cut them out but my drawing ability is slim to none !!
  • Using a variety of markers - Sharpies, BIC markers, Faber-Castell & Akashiya SAI, I colored the  cups. 
  • The handles were adhered to the pots and like magic, I had coffee cups !!
  • I stacked the cups on top of the saucer, finishing with a plain cup that I decorated with a few strips of washi tape !!
  • I mounted the sentiment words onto pieces of Pink and Royal Blue glitter cardstock and then adhered them to the patterned paper next to the cup stack.
  • All items were adhered with my Tombow MONO Adhesive + Permanent Runner .
  • This is the Succulents  set that I used to make the coffee cups :

Thank you for once again visiting Meticulosity as I create some fun projects with Vera Lane Studio. I will be back throughout the month of November and will also be sharing some of their great new releases. Let me know what you think about my "unique" coffee cups !! See you again and in the meantime, Stay Creative !!


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

No comments:

Post a Comment