Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Vera Lane Studio - Nov. Guest Designer

I have fallen in love with the digi designs at Vera Lane Studio . They are fun, quirky and one-of-a-kind !! Their digi stamps and collage sheets have found their way into many of my recent projects.  They have some fantastic coffee-themed stamps and you ALL should know by now that I am a lover of ALL things coffee !! So when I was asked to be their Guest Designer for the month of November, I didn't hesitate . I will be making something every Tuesday and will be blogging it as well as posting on Social Media. I might even sneak a few extra projects in too !!

For my first project, I am using a new release - Cocoa and Latte . I  am sure that their Design Team members will also have fun with these images. I wanted to make a Fall project and decided to do a fun tag with lots of dimension.



  • I printed the larger Latte Fairy and sentiment on Neenah Stardust White cardstock. The fairy was also printed on a sheet of patterned paper  of Fall words and a sheet of whitish fur-patterned paper.
  • On an oversized tag, I placed a layer of brown patterned paper. 
  • I stenciled a floral pattern using Brea Reese Gold Metallic Texture Paste and then sprinkled a bit of glitter over the paste.
  • A strip of Fall Polka-Dot patterned paper was placed along the Left side of the tag on top of a piece of gold mesh. I stapled the mesh onto the tag in areas that would be covered by the Latte Fairy.
  • I paper-pieced the cup and the Latte foam after coloring the rest of the image with a variety of my favorite markers-Faber-Castell, Brea Reese & Akashiya SAI Brush Pens.
  • A piece of orange/black twine was wrapped around the top of the tag several times. 
  • A  strip of dark red glitter washi was placed down the Left side of the sentiment and adhered to the upper Right side of the tag. I also used a background stamp called Dirt on the sentiment.
  • White Lightnin' Glitter from Double Trouble Scrapbooking  was applied to the Fairy wings.
  • I made the eyes of the Fairy with a round pencil eraser dipped into a green stamp pad !!
  • The completed Latte Fairy image was popped up at the bottom of the tag with Foam Tabs. All items were adhered with Tombow Adhesives, except for the tiny staples by Tim Holtz Idea-olo
  • I placed several Prima "Amber Moon" crystals down the strip of Polka-Dot paper. 



Vera Lane Studio has a variety of fabulous digi stamps in their Etsy Shop. I am thrilled to be able to show you their fun styles this month !! They have a business page on Facebook , as well as a fun community of Vera Lane lovers  in a Closed Group .We share our projects and have monthly swaps. The theme of this month's swap is Coffee !! Stay tuned for more new releases.throughout the month amd projects from me.  And thank you so much again for visiting Meticulosity !!


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

No comments:

Post a Comment