Friday, August 10, 2018

Christmas in August Hop with Anthony's Paper Craft

I'm so excited to be a part of this first ever Blog Hop with members of the Anthony's Paper Craft Design Team. We decided to do a "Christmas in August" Hop and I'm thrilled to be hopping along with these fantastically creative teammates - Michael Trent, Mike Fernholz and Mary Kay Werry. Our Christmas inspiration will be posted every Friday in August, starting today. We will introduce you to some amazing stamps, inspire you to create some projects of your own and maybe even have a prize or two !!

The stamps I used for this card are the Fireplace Mantel Set and Christmas Set 2 . These stamps are intricately detailed and provide a beautiful image. I love combining patterned papers and  this card was no exception.

  • I stamped the Christmas Mantel and the Holly Basket on Strathmore Watercolor Paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink. Using my MISTI, I was able to position the Holly Basket perfectly and get a crisp image !!
  • I stamped the Dec. 25 onto a scrap piece of wood-grain paper and punched it out with a 1 3/8" square paper punch.
  • The stamped scene was colored with a selection of my favorite Brea Reese markers and Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pens.
  • 6 1" circles were paper-punched from a "Pinecone Lodge" Recollections Paper pad. This would also be a great way to use up some of those scraps that you have stashed away !!
  • I overlapped the circles across the bottom of the mantel and attached them with a piece of coordinating red washi tape. .
  • Using American Crafts Foam Tabs, I attached the sentiment to the stamped scene. 
  • Several red candy dots were placed on the stamped scene and on the sentiment for a bit of shine. 
  • I adhered the stamped scene to a slightly larger piece of green glitter paper using my Scotch ATG gun.  I then adhered that to a bright red striped card base ( my guy Brian said it looked like a candy cane - PERFECT !! )


I hope that my card inspired you . For more Christmas in August projects, please check out my teammate's blo. I'm sure they will be fabulous !!


Please take a moment to visit each of our blogs and leave comments to let us know what you think of our projects !! We would also love it if you would follow our blogs and Instagram pages. And please check out all of the amazing stamps at Anthony's Paper Craft.  Through August 31, 2018, on orders over $25, you can get free shipping in the USA only by using the code "freeship25". I'd love to see what you create with these wonderful stamps.

Thank you for joining us for our Christmas in August Hop 
with the Anthony's Paper Craft Design Team.
And for visiting Meticulosity


Debra Davison

No comments:

Post a Comment