It's hard to believe that 2017 is coming to a close. I can't tell you how much fun I've had with this Blog Collaboration !! Celeste and I have both invited friends to be our guests and this month is NO exception. Michael Trent lives in Sao Paulo, Brazil and is an amazing artist . You can follow him at his blog - World of Michael Trent . We met through our love of coffee and coffee cards and have been friends since August 2016. We have the same snarky sense of humor and I'm thrilled he's joining us. He is an amazing papercrafter, works wonders with Sharpies, works with several Design Teams and I'm sure he's created something wonderful for our collaboration. As our guest, he picked the theme for us and he chose LOVE...
I immediately thought of my guy, Brian but he hates glitter, so that idea was out. Then I thought of coffee and books and cats and snail mail and hearts nd Christmas. Christmas -- that gave me another idea. What do I love at this time of year ?? They make me smile and I had a stamp set that had never been inked up sooooooooooooooo -- my card was born !! I love Ugly Christmas Sweaters !! It helped that Michel and I had a hilarious conversation about that very topic this past week.. I hope you like my take on the theme of LOVE ....
- On a Prima tag, I used Faber-Castell Whipped Spackle with a Stampers Anonymous "Festive" stencil to highlight the top of the card. I had trimmed the tag to fit on a light brown card base.
- I stamped the sweaters and sentiment from Mommy Lhey "Doodled Sweater" with Memories India Black Ink onto Neenah Stardust White cardstock . I also stamped the tree sweater onto a scrap piece of blue paper.
- The sweaters & sentiment garland were colored with a variety of my favorite Distress markers, Glitter pens, PITT Artist pens and a watercolor brush using my Distress markers brushed on an acrylic block. I also drew stars on the treetops.
- Fairy Dust Glitter was sprinkled onto the whipped spackle when it was first applied.
- A piece of Christmas twine was wrapped around the tag several times then tied in a knot. I am bow-challenged, so you will rarely see me tie a bow for my projects !!
- Tombow MONO Adhesive/Permanent was used to adhere the card front to the base card.
- I popped the sweaters and sentiment up on the card front with Tombow Foam Tabs .
Celeste will be showing you her take on LOVE over at her blog Crafting Junky and you can find Michael's at World of Michael Trent. I hope that you will leave us comments on our projects and also sign up to follow our blogs if you haven't already done so.
I am drinking an amazing coffee today - a Brazilian blend sent to me by Michael - from my latest Starbucks cup. I had posted a photo of this mitten cup on my Facebook page, stating that I did NOT need another cup. But so many of my friends "enabled" me with positive comments that I just had to have it. I did clean my cupboard of 4 old ( and I mean very old ) coffee cups, so I didn't feel so guilty. Plus, I need fun cups for these monthly blog posts !!
Thank you for visiting Meticulosity.And since we are on the subjects of LOVE and Ugly Christmas sweaters, here's a pic of my guy Brian.
Santa's sleigh being pulled by cats
AND it lights up..
Gotta love this !!