Saturday, December 9, 2017

Cocoa Girl

Day 2 of the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and it's a dreary, rainy day here in Virginia Beach. But a good day for a Salted Caramel Mocha Cocoa right from my Keurig Coffee machine. I know that the official National Cocoa Day isn't until 12/13, but I just couldn't wait to ink up this stamp !!

oh baby, it's cold outside

  • I stamped the Cocoa Girl image from Deep Red Stamps on my favorite Neenah Stardust White cardstock with Memories India Black Ink
  • This is such a detailed stamp that I felt it needed just a hint of color. I water-colored the cup, using my Stampin' Up Wild Wasabi stamp pad and a water brush. The hints of red were from a Stampin' Up  Real Red marker and the face/hands were colored with an Antique Linen Distress Marker.
  • I adhered a small white doily from Art-C to a plaid card base by The Paper Studio @ Hobby Lobby. 
  • A piece of red plaid washi was placed down the left side of the stamped image. 
  • The sentiment is from Small Talk Occasions by Tim Holtz/Idea-ology .
  • All items were adhered with Tombow MONO Permanent Adhesive runner
I hope you've been taking a look at all of the links at the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. I'll be posting a few more cards before it ends on December 15. 

#winter2017clh


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

13 comments:

  1. Love your cocoa card Debra!
    Now you need one for National Cocoa Day LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Great image and layout. And, love the green too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Deb, what a fantastic card. Love the green plaid and the red gingham and especially the little green cup of cocoa. Sorry it is rainy, glad that it isn't snow or ice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute card and love the green plaid. cute image and I like the hint of color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the papers and beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute, cozy card for dreary weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the green laid, warm feel on this beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the plaid and the gingham and the touch of coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, this is soooo pretty! Love that image and the green plaid!

    ReplyDelete