I love making tags. I love embossing paste and glitter. And I absolutely LOVE Susan K Weckesser and her stamp sets for Unity. So I combined all of those and came up with a project that showcases all of these. Remember to comment on all of my posts this week for a chance to win a grab bag of 25 Unity stamps. There will be 2 winners chosen at random. This tag will hang in my craft studio and remind me that I am in there to CREATE - it feeds my spirit, tends to my soul and makes me happy. When I take care of ME, I am better able to take care of others !!
- I started with a Prima tag and applied Faber-Castell Whipped Spackle over a Tim Holtz Doily Layering Stencil down the Left side of the tag. I then sprinkled "Pralines and Cream" Fairy Dust Glitter over the spackle
- The house from Heart-Full Homes was stamped with Colorbox Color Pop Archival Dye ink by Susan K Weckesser - the color is Mystery. I stamped it on a scrap of paper with a word-patterned background, then fussy cut it . I also like to stamp on book pages.
- The house was colored with a combination of Distress Markers and Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens. I also adhered a glitter heart to the roof.
- On a scrap of Live in Color paper also by Susan K Weckesser, I stamped the word CREATE from the Painted Sentiments stamp set . The ink color was Kiss. I placed a strip of double-sided tape on the bottom of the paper and sprinkled it with Tumbled Glass Distress Glitter .
- The fun in making these scenes with the houses is that you can use all of your scraps, favorite washi, punches and anything else on hand . I placed a piece of grass washi across the tag bottom, then built a flower with another piece of green washi, a paper-punched circle and a colored glass center . Several paper-punched clouds were placed above the house on the tag.
- I adhered the CREATE image and all of the other elements to the tag, using a combination of Tombow Adhesives - Xtreme Adhesive Runner and MONO Aqua Liquid .
- Scraps of several favorite ribbons were tied at the top of the tag to add some more color.
I will see you again tomorrow for my 4th project this week as a GIU girl. It's been fun inking up old favorite Unity stamps, as well as some new favorites, like the Planner Gals. I hope you will sign up to follow my blog and continue with me on my creative journey. Looking forward to sharing a few more posts with you !!
Debra Davison / Meticulosity