Monday, August 19, 2024

It's Okay Not To Be Okay

I've learned over the years that it's okay not to be okay. When something tragic happens, we need to acknowledge it and understand that we are allowed to be sad .. Grief is not a problem to be solved - we learn to navigate through it. I certainly learned that when my son was killed in a car accident in 2023 by an impaired driver. We had a close but complicated relationship and all of a sudden he was gone. No more time to wonder what the future would bring . I had guilt over the should haves and could haves. And I definitely wasn't okay. But with the help of an amazing grief counselor, a support group, family and friends, I am learning that when I'm not okay, I have people to turn to .. This card is for a dear friend who is going through her own grief . I can't fix it for her but I can be there for her when she needs a friend. We've spent an afternoon playing with paper and many times just meeting up for a quick coffee . It's okay to not be okay but you don't have to do it alone . 




  • I stamped the sentiment from Technique Junkies with Nautical Blue Memento ink on a piece of nautical patterned paper .
  • The stamped panel was adhered to a Kraft card base.

Thank you for stopping by to see my card using the It's Okay stamp from the latest Technique Junkies release. Reach out to someone you know who is having a hard time. You don't have to fix it for them - you just need to be there.


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the inspiration. I lost my daughter in 2021 to an auto accident caused by a faulty part on her Dodge Dart then not even a year later my husband to a heart attack. People ask me how I have survived and I try to explain that I just take each day at a time and remember all of the good times. It is hard? 1000%! I know my loved ones would not want me to be miserable on their account! Hugs from one mama of an angel to another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you. You are so brave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine what you are going through or how you learn to deal with it. I understand grief, but I am not sure I know how to get over it! I am glad to hear you are healing! Your card is beautiful and I am sure it will mean a great deal to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and serene card! Glad you and your friend have each other to lean on. And papercrafting is a very soothing nd healing thing to do.

    ReplyDelete