Sunday, August 25, 2024

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas / August 2024

It's hard to believe that September is almost here and hopefully some Autumn weather with it !! I promise not to complain about cold weather after the extremely hot summer we've had. Last year right after Christmas, our HVAC system decided that 20 years of work was enough and broke down. It was time for a new one and as hard as it was to spend so much money on it, the house hasn't felt so comfortable in years. The kitchen hadn't cooled down or warmed up in a long time but new duct work took care of that also .. Sooooo, I am looking forward to cooler temps, sweater weather, falling leaves and a nice,cozy house !! Remind me of that when we have our first snowfall. 

Lisa and I are back this month with our Crafty Elf creations to inspire you and help you get ready to send your holiday cards !! I used a retired stamp from Penny Black Inc.  - Paris Packages. I also colored the stamped image with my new OLO markers .



  • I stamped the Eiffel Tower image on white cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink .
  • The stamped image was die cut with a Big and Little Chain Rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs .
  • The stamped image waa colored with my new OLO markers. I was so excited to use them that I forgot to write down which colors I used.But I will next time.
  • I adhered a piece of Paris Junk Journal digital paper  - from Trendy Travel Digital on Etsy - to a Sky Blue 5x7 card base.
  • The stamped panel was matted on a piece of teal cardstock and adhered to the card base with foam tabs.
  • A Merry Christmas wood-mounted stamp from My Sentiments Exactly was used  for the sentiment. I stamped it with Rose IO ink on white cardstock, then trimmed it.
  • I adhered the sentiment to the left of the Eiffel Tower with foam tabs.

I also colored it in a more traditional color scheme.for another card.

Please take a look at Lisa's August inspiration over at her blog - Life of a BZscrapper . She continuously creates fabulous cards each and every month .. I appreciate you stopping by to visit the Crafty Elves. We will be back  in September with more holiday creations!!


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

2 comments:

  1. Both versions are so pretty! I am loving the OLO markers and want to add more colors to the ones I have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this beautiful Parisian card! Definatley time to start cranking out the Christmas cards, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete