Sunday, June 19, 2022

Coffee and Cards with Deb & Celeste / June 2022

Celeste and I are getting together again for our blog collaboration and having some coffee while we create . It was a cool 80 degrees here in Virginia Beach, which was 20 degrees cooler than yesterday !! Quick, where's my sweater ?!?!?! Our theme this month is perfect for summery weather, especially if you have a garden. Bees !! This was such a fun theme !!



I used a sweet stamp/die set for my cards today . Yes, I made 2 .. Same design but different papers !! I really loved how they turned out.  The Queen Bee set is from Close To My Heart . They have amazing deals right now during their Stamptacular Sale . My friend Chris Franco is a consultant and she knows how much I love this sale each year during the month of June !! My package of sale items just arrived yesterday and I can't wait to get inky with them all ... I hope that you like my cards for June. 



  • I made mini-slimline cards this time, using a 6x6 paper pad - Basic Grey "Urban Prairie" .This collection was released in 2008 and I have been hoarding 2 of these pads ever since !! I used a green-patterned piece and a shaded yellow for my cards . Folded in half, they make a perfect mini-slimline.
  • The bee and wreath images were stamped with Gina K Jet Black Amalgam Ink on white cardstock ,then cut out with the matching dies .
  • I stamped the curvy line directly on each card base after placing my die-cut images down to see exactly where the line should be.
  • The bees and wreaths were colored with my COPICS.
  • I popped up the stamped die-cuts with foam tabs .
  • I paper-punched 2 crowns from bronze glittery paper and turned my sweet bees into Queen bees !!
  • A strip of  Honeybees Washi from Paper House Productions was placed along the bottom of each card base and also inside each card at the bottom. The set includes a thin black roll with gold dots and a hand-painted honeybees roll.





Don't you think these cards are just the cutest  ?!?! And that washi couldn't be more perfect !! I'm on the Creative Team for Paper House Productions as well as being a Brand Ambassador. You can always use my code  - Debra22 - for a 15% discount. I will earn a commission from any sales ( at no cost to you ). Always remember to do a bit of decorating on the inside of your cards too ... A strip of washi or a sticker or even a stamped design can be a nice surprise when your card is opened, along with whatever you write or stamp  inside ..

Please be sure to take a look at Celeste's bee card over at her blog - Crafting Junky .I know that she has created something to inspire all of us..

I'm having a wonderful cup of Brown Sugar Crumble coffee in a fun new cup. My dear friend , Michelle just returned from a cruise and I watered her outdoor plants while she was gone. She knew she was really trusting me with their lives, since I do NOT have a green thumb !! But all turned out well and on her return, she gave me a few gifts. One was this cute coffee cup . And appropriately enough, the other was a lovely pair of bee earrings !! 



I hope that you are all staying cool and  getting creative. And of course, enjoying your favorite beverage .. I'm already thinking about what new stamp set I will use first from my recent purchase from Close To My Heart .. If you are feeling the need for a new stamp set or stamp/die set at fabulous prices, take a look at the Stamptacular Sale . You won't be sorry !! 


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

5 comments:

  1. First thank you for the shout out!! XOXO. Love these cards — I need to try a mini slimline card. I have quite a few 6x6 pads too - they are hard to cut into but look at the sweet results ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee-utiful. Fond of Bees. Ordered from CTMH Stamptacular Sale last wk.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such BEE-U-TEA-FULL cards...LOL...love them and the whole bee/summer theme. Send the hot weather here. Please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet queen bee cards. I like the honeybee washi tape. Love your new mug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with these adorable bees Deb!! And your coffee mug is perfect!

    ReplyDelete