Sunday, October 24, 2021

Coffee & Cards with Deb & Celeste / October 2021

It is finally almost sweater weather here in Virginia Beach. Well, except for a few days with temperatures still in the 80's !! It does cool off at night though and one morning as I was heading in to work, it was 59 degrees !! Our theme for this month is Halloween and hopefully after last year's cancellation, we will again have trick or treaters ..


For my card today, I used Remi Girl designed by Angie Blom for Unity Stamp Company.  All of the papers are from a fabulous DCWV paper pad - Halloween Town   This pad has the cutest designs of Halloween candy, black cats, trick-or-treaters and pumpkins - just to name a few.  I actually CASEed this card design from a fellow Unity stamper - Jeannie Thomas .. I told her I absolutely loved her card and couldn't wait to play with the design !! I used some non-traditional colors and hope that everyone likes it as much as I do, especially Jeannie !!



  • I stamped Remi Girl on Strathmore Watercolor Paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink .
  • The image was colored with my COPICS and Flair pens.
  • I also stamped the skirt portion of Remi on a piece of Halloween candy patterned paper and fussy-cut it. It was then adhered onto the stamped panel after the coloring was finished .
  • A piece of gray checked paper was adhered to a Kraft card base.
  • Strips of patterned paper from Halloween Town were cut and adhered at a diagonal on the right bottom area of the gray panel.  This is a great way to use your paper if you don't have washi that goes with your  card . Any paper can be cut into strips and adhered like washi tape !!
  • A strip of polka-dot washi was placed down the left side of the gray panel.
  • The completed stamped panel was adhered next to the strip of washi .
  • Three turquoise dots were placed at the top right of the gray panel.
  • "Hocus Pocus" from a Halloween stamp set made for Michaels was stamped inside the newspaper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink .
This was a fun card for me to make because I love Remi Girl so much !! She can be used for absolutely any occasion and I know that she will stay on my desk to be used frequently .. I'm sure that Celeste has created something fun for our Halloween theme so take a look at her post over at Crafting Junky . I'm drinking the best Pecan Praline coffee today from a new mug I found at Kohl's online. Isn't it the perfect Autumn mug ?!?!?!?! What have you been drinking lately while you are getting crafty ?? 


Enjoy the Fall weather whoever you are . 
And until next month, Stay Creative !!


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

3 comments:

  1. Hi Debra!

    I adore Remi and I’m so glad I could inspire you! The colors, the papers, it all looks fabulous.

    Hugs and Happy Halloween!
    Jeannie T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card and love the colors and patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun and cute card!! I can think of so many things she wants to write on that sign. LOL

    ReplyDelete