Sunday, May 23, 2021

Coffee & Cards with Deb & Celeste / May 2021

Celeste & I have been a great team for the past almost 5 years !! We have been doing this collaboration since October 2016 .. We choose a theme, color combination, sketch or technique every month and then each make a project .. This month I asked Celeste to choose both our collaboration and which Sunday to post . When she told me we would be using stencils, I immediately regretted that decision - LOL ... I own some pretty cool stencils but rarely use them. So I was heading straight out of my comfort zone . BUT it turned out to be a good thing and I am grateful to Celeste for encouraging me to try something different .  I actually love how my card turned out .. It is a representation of my perfect day !!! A book in my hand and a cup of coffee..


What a Perfect Day

  • I stamped Ellie Girl by Angie Blom  for Unity Stamp Company with Gina K Jet Black Amalgam Ink  on Mixed Media paper . 
  • I also stamped her on a piece of pale green patterned paper .
  • The girl was fussy-cut, then colored with my COPICS. 
  • I also fussy-cut her shirt from the green paper and adhered it to the other stamped image.
  • I cut a piece of the Mixed Media paper to fit the front of my cream A2 card base.
  • Pixie Spray was used on a mandala stencil from TCWstencils.com .I don't think that exact stencil is still available but they have a variety of other designs.
  • I positioned the stencil on the edge of the Mixed Media paper, using only half of the mandala. The Pixie Spray adheres the stencil to your paper and is repositionable. It also won't tear your paper or leave a sticky residue..
  • Distress Ink Pads were used to create the mandala - Tumbled Glass, Wild Honey and Abandoned Coral. 
  • I also placed a few gems and rhinestones near the center area of the mandala.
  • The stenciled design was adhered to my card base with the center area of the mandala towards the right side of the base.
  • The girl was adhered to the left side of the stenciled area. 
  • The sentiment was adhered to the upper right side of the card .

I'm excited to see Celeste's stenciled project . You can see what she has created over at her blog - Crafting Junky . A big thank-you to her for challenging me - it paid off .. I'M wondering what kind of coffee she will be drinking for this month's post .. I am having some  delicious Honey Blueberry coffee in a new cup that I got myself for Mother's Day .. I love tattoo designs and this cup was perfect .. 


Thank you for stopping by to see what Celeste and I are up to this month. We look forward to seeing you in June. Take care, stay safe and until then, Stay Creative !!


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

3 comments:

  1. I love this card Deb! That stencil and the colors you chose are gorgeous and I love the paper piecing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous stenciled card. I need to be encouraged to use my stencils too.

    ReplyDelete