Thursday, February 25, 2021

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas / February 2021

It's so hard to believe that February is almost over -- time seems to be dragging and flying by all at the same time.. We just heard that our COVID-19 restrictions will be eased as of March 1, which is good news.. Still have to wear masks, but some restrictions have been modified. Work at the hospital has still been busy and some days I am in a crafty mood, others not so much . For this month's Crafty Elf cards, I  chose a fun 12x12 paper pad I got on clearance after the holidays .. It has soft, pastel shades that are just beautiful !! My first order of business, though, is to name the commenter from my January post, who will get some Christmas supplies to help with her holiday card-making. Vannessa Osbourn - you are the lucky one and I have e-mailed you !!


For my first 2 cards, I used images from Rubber Moon . These stamps were part of their Stamp-of-the-Month offerings and I absolutely adore them. You can have access to all of the fabulous Rubber Moon stamps  and products by joining Kae Pea on Patreon.  You can get all of the details HERE .. 


  • I stamped the Holiday Moon image on watercolor paper with Gina K Amalgam Jet Black Ink .
  • The image was colored with a variety of my favorite markers and pens - COPICS, Faber-Castell PITT Artist pens & TUL pens.
  • I trimmed the stamped image and adhered it in a Polaroid-style snowflake frame.
  • Several shiny gold stars were scattered around the noon.
  • I placed some green snowflake paper on a Kraft card base and then adhered the Polaroid frame to that paper near the top .
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology sticker sentiment was placed at the bottom right corner of the Polaroid frame.


  • I stamped the Tweet Santa image on Marker paper with Gina K Amalgam Jet Black ink .
  • COPICS & Flair pens were used to color the image.
  • I trimmed the Marker paper and placed a piece of Whipped Cream glitter washi at the bottom ..
  • The Santa image was matted on a dark rose designer paper.
  • A green snowflake-patterned paper was adhered to a pale green card base .
  • The Santa panel was then adhered on top of the snowflake paper.
  • A JOY ephemera circle was placed at the top right of the Santa .


  • The stack of cups from the Brutus Monroe "Tea Time" stamp set was stamped on  Watercolor paper with Gina K Amalgam Jet Black ink .
  • I colored the cups with my COPICS.
  • The image was trimmed and then 3 rhinestones were adhered - a red, green and clear .
  • I adhered the stamped panel to a piece of the green snowflake paper 
  • A dark pink card base completed the card .


  • On a Kraft card base, I adhered a piece of green snowflake paper.
  • The Stampendous Whisper Friends Reindeer was stamped on Marker paper with Gina K Amalgam Jet Black ink .
  • I trimmed the Marker paper and colored the image with my COPICS.
  • The stamped panel was adhered to the snowflake paper and a Greetings banner was placed at the top left corner.

I hope that you are inspired by my cards for February !! Now it's time to check out the projects of the other Crafty Elves - Michael and Lisa. 



Are you making your holiday cards yet ?? I'm even addressing envelopes already, which will greatly help my stress levels in December !! I had addressed a few last year but plan to have almost all addressed early for those who sent me a card in 2020.  Until next time, stay creative and warm and we will see you next month !!

 

Debra Davison / Meticulosity

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful watercoloring Christmas creations. Currently not making Christmas cards. Instead I'm making bundle of cards to family members to cover mths of Mar - Apr which 8nclude St. Pat Day, Easter and birthdays. See, I mailed some Valentines out, one of which was to you that got lost in the mail and did not reach its destination. Remailed Valentines and 2nd one is due to arrive to you Deb Sat. With bundle there will be happy mail to cover occasions mths of Mar-Apr.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are darling! I LOVE the mug one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards for your stash! I especially love the Holiday Moon image you used on your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards and I like your coloring and the snowflake paper. Congrats to Vannessa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are all just lovely as usual! And you have inspired me to dig into my sentiment stickers. They haven't seen daylight in forever and a day. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh... adorable cards, Debra! Loving that stack of cute cups!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these fabulous cards Deb! That moon image is particularly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Rubber Moon images! They really make great cards! Thanks so much for drawing out my name for this months prize! I will try to put it to good use!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some of the best images... love all of these! That sweet fairy though...

    ReplyDelete