Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year 2021

It's strange to be saying Happy New Year when we are all still dealing with COVID..  I guess it's our way of hoping for a happier, healthier, safer 2021 .. I think we will be off to a rocky start but I know that I am ready for things to start getting better. On December 29, I was able to get the first dose of the Pfizer COVID vaccine and for that I am grateful. My cards to start off the New Year are a bit edgy but my feelings are mixed and they convey a New Year's message to all - COVID is still with us and we need to take control of it.. Do your part to keep yourself and others safe ..

 





  • I used the Banksy Gas Mask Flower Girl  on both cards and stamped them on Strathmore Marker Paper with Close To My Heart Intense Black ink .
  • The sentiment  from  Close To My Heart "Quarantine Christmas" was stamped next to the girl with Memento Dew Drop Ladybug ink .
  • The stamped panels were adhered to the card fronts - 1 white and 1 dark gray.
  • A strip of COVID virus paper was placed vertically down the left side of each card base . 
  • On one card I placed several red rhinestones on the virus images and on the other, I used red candy dots.
  • I created the dates with my Pink DYMO Label Maker. 
If you aren't familiar with Banksy, you can learn about him at this link . Last year, he paid tribute to healthcare workers with a  painting that was gifted to a hospital in England. He is a favorite artist of mine. 

I'm looking forward to sharing my creativity with you all again this year. In addition to my regular blog posts with Celeste & the Crafty Elves, I have also joined the Paper House Productions  Creative Team. I am also going to start posting about books I am reading and hope to make some bookmarks / cards to go along with them.  Thank you for stopping by and also for leaving comments. You are all very much appreciated!! Please take care and stay safe. Let's all have a healthy and safe 2021 !

Until next time ...
Stay Creative


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

2 comments:

  1. Super sweet. Love the image and words. Yes, stat safe. Glad you got the vaccine. Happy 2021

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, this card cracks me up! Your twisted sense of humor is why we're friends. LOL

    ReplyDelete