Sunday, January 17, 2021

Coffee & Cards with Deb & Celeste / January 2021

I was really hoping to wake up on January 1 and COVID would be a big blur in my rear-view mirror. But it's still rearing its ugly head, is getting worse and just might be around for awhile .. So Celeste and I are trying to stay positive AND stay crafty as we have coffee & cards with you all again each month this year !! We are both healthcare workers and I know that getting creative helps keep us sane in these crazy times.. Celeste was running low on her stash of birthday cards so that is our theme to start off the year ..


I found a page of sweet sentiments in a paper pad and decided to use it for my card - The Best Is Yet To Come. Don't you think that's perfect for a birthday card, especially this year ?!?!?! The paper pad is Turn the Page  by Pink Paislee for American Crafts. 


The Best Is Yet To Come

  • On a patterned card base, I adhered a strip of wood-grain paper across the bottom. 
  • The cat, chairs, cup and books were stamped on watercolor paper and a blue polka-dot paper. They were then fussy-cut. They are from the fun  Waffle Flower "Hello Stampurr" stamp set .
  • I colored the images with my COPICS . 
  • A gold doily was folded to fit in the left upper corner of the card base.
  • I added 2 strips of washi tape to the doily, stapled them to add some texture, then adhered the doily. 
  • The chair, cup and books were adhered to the card base with Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue.
  • I popped  up the cat on the chair and the sentiment with foam tabs.
This card has 3 of my all time favorite things - cats, coffee and books !! I love them all . I am actually going to be doing a book-themed blog post each month so I hope that you will join me for that -- there will be a handmade bookmark with each post !! Please take a look at Celeste's first project of ours for 2021 over at her blog - Crafting Junky .

I guess I'm kind of not over the holidays yet because the coffee I am drinking today is in a cup that I got on sale after Christmas.. And it was just too pretty to wait until next year to use it !! I have some Toasted Almond Caramel coffee in the Get Toasty cup .. 


Thank you for stopping by to enjoy some coffee and cards with us. We hope to see you each month as we get creative .. Until next time, stay safe ..


Debra Davison / Meticulosity

4 comments:

  1. Love this fun card and how you colored the kitty to look like Pixie! The Christmas mug is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling scene and with three of your fav things :)... love your mug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the scene you created with your three favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy January cuppa Joe with friends post...love the card. I think I have that paper too...with the triangles. Glad to see that you and Celeste are continuing the coffee post.

    ReplyDelete