Sunday, October 25, 2020

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas / October 2020

The Crafty Elves only have a few more months until the holiday is here !! I can't believe that it is almost the end of October AND we are still in the midst of COVID. I hope that you all are staying safe and healthy .. 


Spellbinders had an amazing clearance sale recently and I got some holidays dies for $2 and $3 !! I couldn't resist making several of my cards this month with those dies.  I'm also going to be giving away a bit of blog candy again this month so keep on reading and see how you can possibly be the winner.


  • I used the Spellbinders Hanging Stockings die to cut out the image on a piece of black cardstock.
  • A piece of scrap glittered holly paper was adhered to a green card base,
  • The die-cut image was adhered to a piece of bright red cardstock with Art Glitter Glue . The fine tip makes placing the glue in the intricate cuts much easier !!
  • The red panel was adhered to the holly paper.
  • An Idea-ology Small Talk - Occasions sentiment was adhered on the bottom right of the holly paper.


  • The Spellbinders For You  die was cut out using while glitter cardstock.  It's hard to see in the picture but it has a nice sparkle.
  • The cookie paper, music paper and sentiment are all from the Sugar Cookie Christmas collection from Prima Marketing Inc.. This is an absolutely beautiful collection !!
  • I adhered transparent pink and turquoise sequins to the sugar cookie background paper.
  • I love how changing the background paper with these dies can create a totally different look .. 
  • I will be sending 1 of these For You dies to someone who comments on this blog post . I will choose 1 person randomly.


  • On a pink chalkboard card base, I adhered a piece of foiled birch paper .
  • I stamped the  image from Own Wing from Unity Stamp Company , colored it with my Copics and then fussy-cut it.World
  • The bird was popped up on the background paper using foam tabs.
  • A sentiment from Idea-ology Small Talk - Occasions was adhered in the lower right corner.


  • This might just be my favorite card this month, but I did love them all !! I used the Better Not Pout  stamp set from The Cat's Pajamas PaperArts .
  • I adhered a piece of  Christmas text paper to a navy card base.
  • The cat in stocking image was stamped on white cardstock, colored with my Copics and then fussy-cut. 
  • The stocking was then popped up in the right corner with foam tabs.
  • Transparent sequins were placed around the stocking.

I know that the other Crafty Elves have been busy making their cards for October. Lisa and I get together on ZOOM sometimes on Sundays with her crafty group. And Michael and I have plans to get creative together sometime soon also.  Take a look at their creations on their blogs ---

Michael Trent - World of Michael Trent
Lisa Reynolds Bzibziak - Life of a BZScrapper

Thanks to all of you for visiting Meticulosity and especially for your wonderful comments !! It means alot to me that you take the time to stop by my creative space.. Until next time, stay safe, healthy and creative !! And don't forget to comment here on this post for a chance to be selected to get that cute For You die to make some cards of your own..




Debra Davison / Meticulosity


9 comments:

  1. I just love the silhouette of the kids. It’s so simple and you find face yo do much with it, bit decorate the surroundings like you did. I love the untraditional pink , Deb! Great job on the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards! I love the silhouette designs from Spellbinders and that adorable cat in the stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your cards this month. But, I love them every month. My fav this time is the cat card, the last one. We both know why! Yes, we need to cybercraft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I took advantage of that Spellbinders sale, too! I'm trying to be more selective in what I buy so that it's something I could really use in my stash. I have too much as it is that doesn't get used & I hate that. All of your cards are wonderful. I especially love the non-traditional colors and of course, the birdie (being a bird nerd!). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok so now I want a cookie or two. Beautiful design s. Love the red panel, it makes santa pop.The birch trees and bird is super cute. The cat in the stocking is purrfect. What a great collection. I want to try the glue, I will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creations, I especially love the sweet pink card with the For You sweet kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Debra the ones with the new dies are very nostalgic and I love that cat in the stocking and of course the Unity bird is perfection!!

    ReplyDelete