Monday, May 25, 2020

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - May 2020



Well, we're still staying home here in Virginia but slowly re-opening. It's hard to believe we have been doing this since March . I wear a mask at work at the hospital and also when I have to go out. I'm playing it safe and so is Brian, but I see many who haven't gotten the mask/social distance message. I've had lots of time at home to read, relax on the deck and get creative. My creative mojo comes and goes, but I enjoyed making  the cards for this month . I hope that you enjoy them too !! For this month's post,  we have another Crafty Elf joining us - Amy Tsuruta is an amazing papercrafter and the  host of the amazing Coffee Loving Papercrafters page on Facebook . She is also a creator of the Coffee Lovers Hops, one of which is going on right now  ( May 22-29 ) . So of course, I had to include a hot cocoa card in May's line-up !!



I decided to use bright green card bases for all of my cards this time. Sometimes I spend lots of time figuring out what color /pattern of card base to use. So this time I made it easy on myself and chose one color. I also used my favorite Versafine Clair Nocturne ink to stamp all the images. 


Ephemera Sentiment ; Crate Paper



Stamps : Snowman by Rubber Moon
Joyous Christmas by Rubber Moon
This stamp is retired but they have many more fabulous snowman stamps



Stamps : Christmas Cookie stamp set with matching dies by Stampendous
This card will also be linked up at the current Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Hop





Stamps: Holiday Cookies by Fun Stampers Journey
For the cookie jar card, I stamped, colored and fussy-cut all of the cookies.


No long detailed instruction lists again this time.  The images were colored with a variety of my favorite markers - Stabilo, Faber-Castell, Sharpies and Pilot pens. I then just chose some coordinating washi, patterned paper, ephemera and sequins to complete these cards. And I realize that I have 5 cards this time but the last 2 just went together so well that I posted both !! Take some time now to look at the other Crafty Elf projects -- I'm excited to see them also. And a big thank-you to Amy for putting on an elf hat and joining us for this month's countdown !!

Amy Tsuruta - Tsuruta Designs
Michael Trent - World of Michael Trent
Lisa Reynolds Bzibziak - Life of a BZ Scrapper
Jessica Pickeral - Polka Dot Orchard Blog



Debra Davison / Meticulosity


15 comments:

  1. All are superb in specific color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So fun joining in with you all this month.
    Awesome green theme, Love all your fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright colors in this set! All are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards! Smart idea, picking your base first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all just adorable! 'Gretta' is so very cute!! I have the Stampendous set and love it - such a fun set. Love your awesome jar of cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your cards!! But I can't pick a fav since I love to color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun collection of fun and whimsical cards Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome cards for your stash! I really love that snowman design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you used the same card base. I should try that tip. Cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness these are all so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete