Saturday, February 1, 2020

Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop



I am so thrilled to be included in this Blog Hop to raise Awareness for Turner Syndrome.  This is a chromosomal disorder affecting only females and is due to a complete or partial absence of the 2nd sex chromosome. It only occurs in 1/2000 live female births. Short stature, social & learning difficulties and heart defects are some of the  symptoms of Turner Syndrome. You can learn more at the Turner Syndrome Society website.  I will admit that I had never even heard of Turner Syndrome until my friend Lori Kobular - who has a daughter with it - mentioned it on her Facebook page.  She is determined to increase awareness about Turner Syndrome and also the need for more research on the lifelong medical issues that impact those with this Syndrome and their families. 


This is the 2nd "It's a Girl Thing" Blog Hop  and this year, we have 57 blogs linked up !! 36 sponsors and 9 Design Team members ( including me ) are offering prizes to commenters . For details on how you might win one of these amazing prizes, please go to Lori's Home Page . Prize winners will be announced on Feb. 15, 2020. This Blog Hop will take place from Feb. 1 through Feb. 7, 2020. Thank you so much for stopping by to learn about Turner Syndrome. 



Turner Syndrome Awareness Official Color Board

For my card, I chose to use the colors of Turner Syndrome Awareness along with the word HOPE. The definition of HOPE is : to desire with expectation of obtainment or fulfilment . We all hope that with this Blog Hop  we will bring awareness about Turner Syndrome to the public and also emphasize the need for further research . 


  • I embossed a piece of pale pink cardstock with the Darice Support Ribbon embossing folder and cut it to fit on a white A2 card base.
  • I die-cut  HOPE in dark pink cardstock and the word shadow in green to highlight HOPE, using the Tonic Studios Hope metal craft dies .
  • I die-cut Ellie Loves Lattes from Your Next Stamp and colored her with my favorite markers  ( Faber-Castells, Tombows & Akashiya ) in the Turner Syndrome colors.
  • I adhered the pink HOPE on top of the green shadow with Art Glitter Glue .
  • The completed HOPE was adhered slightly above the center of the embossed ribbon.
  • I popped up  Ellie in the lower right corner with foam tabs. I think she looks so cute in her plaid skirt.
I am honored to be a part of this Blog Hop with so many wonderful sponsors and designers ! We have all joined together with Lori to shine a spotlight on Turner Syndrome. And I thank you for visiting Meticulosity  to increase your awareness . Please leave a comment here and tell me something that you learned about Turner Syndrome. And stop by " It's a Girl Thing " Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop 2020 to find out more and also to become eligible for prizes !! You will also find links there to all of the other blog posts.

Until next time, Stay Creative !!
Debra Davison / Meticulosity

44 comments:

  1. Hi Debra!! I am so happy to be part of the Turner Syndrome blog hop with you. I love your card because I think anyone with TS has hope! And the fact that you turned this into a coffee card too...just makes it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I love this - that embossing is perfect and the die cut sentiment is the perfect embellishment.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. I learned about the low estrogen level. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Debra! What a meaningful creation with the pink ribbon in the background and the darling little girl in the foreground! I agree with your sentiment about Hope. It's EVERYTHING for people who are suffering challenges regarding their health. Thank you for participating in the TSA blog hop and helping your followers become knowledgeable about this condition.
    Smiles and Crafty Hugs,
    Donna Ellis
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card, Debra! The little girl is a sweetie and I love the ribbon background! I just learned about Turner Syndrome today - I heard of it before but didn't know what it was. If I had to pick one thing I learned, it would be that the average age of diagnosis is 9+ and that some are not diagnosed until adults. And even more shocking is that only 2% of babies conceived with Turner Syndome survive to birth. Well I guess that's 2 things. Thanks for helping to educate us about this disorder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debra!! I LOVE your card! That sweet girl image reminds me of Julie when she was very young! She had long hair and would look adorable dressed up in all the lovely outfits my mother-in-law bought her! I love the big pink ribbon on your background and the hope word in pink and green! A funny little fact that lime green is one of Julie's favorite colors long before we knew that lime green was an important color to the Turner Syndrome Foundation! I love everything about your card! Thank you so very much for being a part of this blog hop with me!! Big Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever and beautiful design Debra! Thanks so much for helping spread the word about Turner Syndrome! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card!! Love the Ellie love latte in the corner of your card!
    Great way to make the Awareness for Turner Syndrome be known! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card i just as sweet as can be! I love that embossed ribbon background and your little girl is the cutest! Hope is the perfect word to use for your design! Thank you so much for sharing your creation! HUGS, *Vicki* - my blog: Stamped Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and what a lovely message to honor Turner Syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my favorite YNS stamps! Darling! I am so happy that this hop is educating and bringing awareness to Turner Syndrome! Hopefully, we can raise money and help!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card design and I love that darling little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just so darling!! Hope is a great word to use to represent TS. And of course, I love that she's having a cuppa joe, too. :-) I am shocked to learn that only 2% of babies conceived with Turner Syndrome survive to birth. Awful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debra :) Your card is 100% pure sweetness!!! Thanks for working to get the word out about Turner Syndrome and you've inspired me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet. Love the hope ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, this card is adorable and I love the Hope sentiment. I was surprised to hear that TS is so common and that it can lead to autoimmune conditions

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are doing a great job spreading awareness. I learnt about the risk of liver problems which I was previously unaware of.
    I love your card, the embossed ribbon adds great texture and focal point to this card

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a darling little image and a beautiful card. Thanks for helping to spread awareness of TS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty, pretty card and I'm loving that darling image too! LOVELY!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this interpretation of the mood board and the symbols for Turner Syndrome disorder. This is just too pretty. Love the embossed ribbon in the background - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute card with Ellie and the embossed awareness ribbon. I learned that they have a higher risk of inflammatory bowel disease.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eeek, this little girl is so adorable that I just want to pick her up and squeeze her! I was surprised to learn that Turner's Syndrome only affects females and have learned a lot through the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, your card says it all. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Debra, Your card is a terrific use of the TS colors and inspirational board symbols! The Little Girl is the Topper! Adorable!
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sweet card! Love that little cutie and the embossed ribbon for your background!
    Thanks for sharing information about TS on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely creation, I am so glad the hop is bringing awareness to Turner's Syndrome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ah, she is really cute. Nice job. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hope is wonderful for this card and such encouragement. From this hop I learned about Turner Syndrome. It is new to me and it is so sad that only 2% of girls live past birth. Here's to those wonderful miracle girls who are living with it. They are the heros.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a wonderful card. THis is such an informative hop.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an adorably beautiful card this is...very cute!!
    Diane {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  32. So sweet and pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs
    Berni
    chasingthedream.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautifully done! Thank you so much for sharing with us, and for taking part in this wonderful blog hop to raise awareness for Turner Syndrome! I was saddened to read about the small percentage of babies that survive with TS.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Aww . . . this is so sweet!! Adorable image and I love that embossed ribbon in the background! It's sad to learn how many aspects of life TS affects in these women/girls.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a darling card! Love how you embossed the ribbon behind the adorable image.
    Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  36. SWEET card!
    LOVE your CUTE image and HOPE-filled design, a wonderful way to CELEBRATE the MIRACLE girls living with TS!
    THANK YOU for sharing and supporting the Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love this! So sweet and beautiful and perfect for this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such an adorable and hope-filled card!! Fab coloring and wonderful embossed background.
    Thank you for your part in this important hop!

    Although I hopped along last year, I had forgotten that 99% of conceptions with Turner Syndrome do not survive until birth. Turner Syndrome gals really are miracles!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such a sweet card. Love the ribbon of hope. So perfect for this blog hop. Thank you for your help in raising awareness of Turner Syndrome. Hugs ~ Lena

    ReplyDelete
  40. Such a sweet card Deb! I love that embossed background. I have to admit I'd never heard of this syndrome and have learned a lot about it since checking out this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  41. supercute card, love the little skirt xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. super cute.
    Thank you for raising awareness about TS.
    I was shocked to learn that so few babies survive to birth.

    ReplyDelete